Ahoy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHEMIST

Reaction score
Hello there...im from Croatia...glad to find this forum after hours of searching rocket materials...rocket building is my new hoby and i want to achive some prety high goals...consider myself a scratch builder...so i would appreciate any help...so far iv been testing some sugar and KNO3 mixes and fired up some rockets...the problem iv encounterd is i need some math to calculate bore in the fuel...and nozzle...for example...pour some sugar mix in cardboard lenght 50 cm..diameter 4.5 cm...how big need to be bore in the fuel...where is the best spot to ignite the fuel.bottom,center,top....etc...in my place it is hard to get all chemicals i need to buil and they are expensive so i need to cut my expensive because method iv been working so far (try and eror..then try some more:lol::lol:) is too expensive....the books that are availble isnt talking much about aply math...(and hawing problems to translate it..hate inch measure:facepalm:)thanks for any help and sorry for my bad english...

Hello!
Great having you here. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to talk about homemade (EX) motors in the open forum due to ITAR regulations. In order to join the research forum, you must be a US citizen with L1 certification.

Might I suggest you look at Richard Nakka's website? He has some good information.

Welcome!
Matt

Here's what it says:

Heck, I attended a private mixing class in February 06 and came home with two K and one 54mm L motors. Was only an L1 at the time and the local group needed bodies to ante up the $200.00 fee for the class, materials, and 54mm Loki motor
casing. Best fun I had in a weekend by far. I did the L2 shortly thereafter so was technically "legal" to fly.

Back then a launch that was Research was "Research". Just previously it was "Research-only" and when I came on one could fly research and certified motors at a research launch. One had to have an L2 certification to fly at a Research launch no matter
what! Really jerked my chain that an L1 couldn't fly a certified load at a research launch and rushed my L2 as a result. Fortunately, the TRA rules were liberalized in a couple of years thereafter so fliers of all levels could fly at a Research launch.
L1 with a certified motor? No problem now.

Kurt

Back