You aint got JACK!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to see it..did it happen?
There are things that are there that we don't/ haven't see/observe (So I'm told by discovery channel.).But things are there. So when is nothing really nothing?

Where light has not reached since the big bang?

Last edited:
Whatever there was before the universe came and introduced space and time, I suppose, is our best shot at achieving nothing.

The unbiased question should be 'where did the source of all come from.' If one believes in a true beginning, it must come from a state of non-existence then into a state of existence. If there is such thing as an infinite source, how does one verify this? Where do you even start to look? What are you even looking for. As far as I'm concerned, no one knows. I've been in a non existent state for billions of years and suffered no ill effects. I'm not too concerned about returning.

Not true according to science:
Dark energy makes up approximately 68% of the universe and appears to be associated with the vacuum in space. It is distributed evenly throughout the universe, not only in space but also in time – in other words, its effect is not diluted as the universe expands. The even distribution means that dark energy does not have any local gravitational effects, but rather a global effect on the universe as a whole. This leads to a repulsive force, which tends to accelerate the expansion of the universe. The rate of expansion and its acceleration can be measured by observations based on the Hubble law. These measurements, together with other scientific data, have confirmed the existence of dark energy and provide an estimate of just how much of this mysterious substance exists.

Behind every Black Hole, is a Universe. A micro existence of matter compacted by emmense gravity at the event horizon of the Black Hole.
The Big Bang is the collapse of dying star, and as this New Black Hole eats, the New Micro Universe on the other side grows.
This universe has billions of Black Holes. So where is the very first one? Is there an end?
Did it all start in a laboratory somewhere? Give this some thought...where IS the beginning...IS there an end.
Does anyone even care?

I prefer the corollary, if a man says something in the woods but his wife isn't there to hear it, is he still wrong?
I asked this question in our church home group, slightly different.

“If a man says something in the woods and no one hears it is he still wrong?”

All the men in the group looked at me (also male, FWIW) with the same expression... “Huh?”

There was absolutely no pause from the women. Seriously, they all simultaneously said, “Yes,” and looked at me as if I had just asked the stupidest question in the universe.

Soooo.....If God created the Universe,....Who created God?
(I've yet to get an acceptable realistic answer from any religious person)

Dark Energy is the life entity of all past humans?
The universe. Well, not sure on that cuz you can't have the cake and eat it too.

Back