LUNAR rescheduled Jan 14th Launch canceled.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering which of the two low spots was washed out.

First thought was the deep crossing that has concrete reinforcing the roadway. Later I wondered if it was the spot near the "Round Mound" that we circle to drive into the parking area.

Anyone have any insights to share?

Wondering which of the two low spots was washed out.

First thought was the deep crossing that has concrete reinforcing the roadway. Later I wondered if it was the spot near the "Round Mound" that we circle to drive into the parking area.

Anyone have any insights to share?

I was wondering the same (I was suspecting the concrete section), and whether it's something that's likely to even get fixed during the rainy season or if they'd be waiting until the summer to do anything about it. I missed the first two launches largely due to not being ready to fly anything, hoping I haven't missed out on the Snow Ranch season for this winter! :cry: Hopefully TCC will still go next weekend, trying to get two more rockets built before then, and maybe another one repaired if this upcoming 3-day weekend works out for me.

I asked Prez David and he not sure but thinks it is the first v dip creek crossing. He understand all the creeks are running deep at several feet. Unknown when damaged will be repair.

I wonder if club will need lifeguards, post no swimming signs, and require HP flyers to wear life vests to recover their rockets.

TCC canceled their launch this weekend... remember when we had a drought and could launch rockets in the winter time.

Last edited:
From your description it sounds like the washed away area is the deep roadway where there is some concrete reinforcement.

Repairing that section will take some doing.

Dang! Gonna be some launch jonesing in NorCal.

The club is going to help with a load of gravel for the fix. Don will let us know when the repair is done.

But we still need it to stop raining. Ever seen the creek when it's deep? Land a rocket on the other side, and you'll wish you had brought your canoe.

The road to the launch site has been repaired.

The date of the next LUNAR Snow Ranch launch is entirely weather dependent.

Nothing official yet, but there has been talk of postponing until the 11th. Cuz this weekend is starting to look pretty pitiful...

This will give me a weekend to actually fix a few damaged rockets or build a new one. My fleet is down to almost nothing, and I haven't had time for building.

Give me time to get some work done, too.

I have all of LUNAR's 1/8" launch rods, and I haven't finished drilling the adapters yet. Tony has made new low power pads for the club, and I'm tasked with drilling some stainless steel adapters, and attaching them to the rods. I've already done all the larger ones, they were easy. But these are for 1/8" rods. Drilling stainless with a small bit...

I've come to the conclusion that I don't like stainless steel at all. Gonna head out to the shop this morning and see if I can get some progress under my belt on it. Not really much effort been put to it. Been sick as a dog for weeks, and barely back to feeling human.

Go get the flu shot. It's a bad one this year.

Back