Presidential Transitions and How They Shake Things Up

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
633645003725135464.jpg

Newsbot is the worst offender for making political posts. How does he (or she) continually get away with it? :facepalm: Inquiring minds want to know!!!

I normally use conical transitions, I've never tried building with presidential transitions:rolleyes:

I see a trend here happening in 2017.
Things are getting a bit relaxed.
Maybe we are going to be able to have a little more fun this year?
Or are all the mods on vacation or something?

Well how do you define politics now? It's a reality show! Maybe we should add a royal family in the US to really fuel the gossip rags?

Newbot is on a roll...

Newsbot needs a time out and temporary ban, just so that it is fair.

However, since Newsbot gets a free ride, so do we in Newsbots thread!!!

Happy open political thread to everybody!

I voted for Trump, and have benefited from it already, in the way I feel about America, and my renewed sense of Duty to make it a better place.

Newsbot needs to go.

I agree, and have been saying so to the dismay of the mods, since the owners are paid to let Newsbot be here. They can spank me with a temporary ban for saying this if they like, and I think they did last time I had the nerve to speak out against Newsbot.
I don't spend enough time here to give a damn, but when I make my comeback, look out, as I have an Army of machines that are well capable of producing lots of rockets, so I'll eventually be a force to be reckoned with once my own house is in order.
I'm making ME great again.

Newsbot gets a free ride because it doesn't escalate matters. It brings the dumpster, but we fill it with trash and light it.

Newsbot gets a free ride because it doesn't escalate matters. It brings the dumpster, but we fill it with trash and light it.

As well we should.
WE are the Rocket Scientists of our generation, and carry the torch for future generations, yet here we are censored in our speech about our rights to even do Rocket Science or question the Authorities that be.
Homer Hickam would have been banned for life a long time ago on this Forum.
Sad really. Too many people on the Earth now. The bad ones spoil the fun and discovery for the rest of us.
Nobody even dares to try anything anymore.

I voted for Trump, and have benefited from it already, in the way I feel about America, and my renewed sense of Duty to make it a better place.

I hope you have your flame suit on admitting that:) some of them Democrats are still mad about that.

As well we should.
WE are the Rocket Scientists of our generation, and carry the torch for future generations, yet here we are censored in our speech about our rights to even do Rocket Science or question the Authorities that be.
Homer Hickam would have been banned for life a long time ago on this Forum.
Sad really. Too many people on the Earth now. The bad ones spoil the fun and discovery for the rest of us.
Nobody even dares to try anything anymore.

I'm sure you are familiar with the "10 year old neighbor's birthday party" rule of thumb.

We are allowed to speak our rights and question authorities, so long as it is in a civil fashion. However, other people with different views would also like to express them, and soon things are out of hand and the once harmless or even productive discussion is a hot, steaming pile of angry. This is why it is frowned upon to post comments that can stimulate strong feelings.

Newsbot's posts do follow the rule of thumb, though they can instigate a flame war. The solution is to make all of Newsbot's threads (or the sensitive ones, to sure how you could automate that though.) closed.

In this situation, most people are a member of the 'bad ones' group. There are situations where a few people spoil the fun for all, but many, many people are drawn to a dumpster fire. We like the warmth and s'mores (entertainment) but eventually the empty chocolate bar wrapper shows up in your hand and where do you put it? That's right, contribute.
(Eventually the fire department arrives, but some goody two shoes filled the water mains with gasoline. Pricey, but hypothetical situation so not really.)

Last edited:
I hope you have your flame suit on admitting that:) some of them Democrats are still mad about that.

They might be rioting in the streets, and likely are like the uncivilized folks i think them to be, but I will never know, as I got rid if my TV.
I built an addition to my house over the New Years Holiday, and placed a 36" Bandsaw of particular repute inside it, that I may be able to be prodigious, productive and profitable in the coming year.
I don't want my VA Disability handout, no matter how much folks say I have earned it.
I only want to work, and work I shall, because I have the freedom to do that too, and get real health insurance that actually says yes to fixing my back rather than saying I'm not a candidate for surgery.
I'm not only going to work to become self-employed, but I'll be able to have the money to buy a private health insurance that will get an MRI that I get to look at, and they will so send me for the surgery I need to live without as much pain.
I knew a guy with the same discs damaged as me, but he had real health coverage, and was only out of work for 6 months.
Sadly, he got into pain meds, which is the one good thing about the VA. No narcotics for Veterans.
I'm ok with that, as I signed up knowing the risks. I wish I had been hurt in combat, but i actually slipped on the Ice at Ft. Riley, after coming home from 15 months deployment, and it ruptured whatever it is that they won't show me in my spine.
All I know is that I am working to see a real Doctor, and then I'm going to tell the VA to go take a hike.
If it kills me trying to accomplish this goal, so be it. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel, rather than the continuous lack of action that the VA would have me in.

I'm making America and ME great again.

On New Years Eve, I went and got this, while others were busy thinking of ways to intoxicate themselves.:

My H.B Smith Bandsaw 2017-01-10 013.jpg

New Years Eve Bandsaw 2016-12-31 001 (2).jpg

Last edited:
The Russians have rigged it so that Newsbot stays in power. And they have some dirt on Newsbot, so Newsbot does their bidding.

They might be rioting in the streets, and likely are like the uncivilized folks i think them to be, but I will never know, as I got rid if my TV.
I built an addition to my house over the New Years Holiday, and placed a 36" Bandsaw of particular repute inside it, that I may be able to be prodigious, productive and profitable in the coming year.
I don't want my VA Disability handout, no matter how much folks say I have earned it.
I only want to work, and work I shall, because I have the freedom to do that too, and get real health insurance that actually says yes to fixing my back rather than saying I'm not a candidate for surgery.
I'm not only going to work to become self-employed, but I'll be able to have the money to buy a private health insurance that will get an MRI that I get to look at, and they will so send me for the surgery I need to live without as much pain.
I knew a guy with the same discs damaged as me, but he had real health coverage, and was only out of work for 6 months.
Sadly, he got into pain meds, which is the one good thing about the VA. No narcotics for Veterans.
I'm ok with that, as I signed up knowing the risks. I wish I had been hurt in combat, but i actually slipped on the Ice at Ft. Riley, after coming home from 15 months deployment, and it ruptured whatever it is that they won't show me in my spine.
All I know is that I am working to see a real Doctor, and then I'm going to tell the VA to go take a hike.
If it kills me trying to accomplish this goal, so be it. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel, rather than the continuous lack of action that the VA would have me in.

On New Years Eve, I went and got this, while others were busy thinking of ways to intoxicate themselves.:

View attachment 309205

View attachment 309202

Good man, I love your restoration work on your vintage tools, thanks for sharing this with us.

View attachment 309205

View attachment 309202

I hope you can get the medical care you need.

If you are pinning your hopes on private insurance, a lot of that is up in the air right now. Who knows what it will be in a year. My wife and are self employed, so we don't have insurance through work, and we buy our private insurance through our State's ACA exchange (AKA "Obamacare"). From what we've been able to determine, our president elect plans to repeal Obamacare and replace our insurance with daily tweets calling us losers. Sad!

Topramen,

That saw is awesome!

Where did it come from?

What was it used for previously?

I hope you can get the medical care you need.

If you are pinning your hopes on private insurance, a lot of that is up in the air right now. Who knows what it will be in a year. My wife and are self employed, so we don't have insurance through work, and we buy our private insurance through our State's ACA exchange (AKA "Obamacare"). From what we've been able to determine, our president elect plans to repeal Obamacare and replace our insurance with daily tweets calling us losers. Sad!

I listened to the President-elects news conference yesterday and he said he will repeal and replace Obamacare the very first day his Secretary of Health and Human Services is in office. He said the new plan is awesome and will be much better than the disaster that is Obamacare. You shouldn't have to wait long if he keeps his word.

I listened to the President-elects news conference yesterday and he said he will repeal and replace Obamacare the very first day his Secretary of Health and Human Services is in office. He said the new plan is awesome and will be much better than the disaster that is Obamacare. You shouldn't have to wait long if he keeps his word.

I guess I have nothing to worry about! :eyeroll:

I'm sure he has all the best people working on a tremendous plan, and it's going to be fantastic!

Prior to Obamacare, my wife and I paid over $13,000 a year for our health insurance in the individual market. That was a high-deductible plan, mostly for high-cost medical emergencies. It was not to cover routine care --- it was to prevent a bankruptcy in the event of something very expensive, like a heart attack or cancer.

We got our ACA plan effective 1/1/14 and paid about $8,000 a year for a similar high-deductible plan--- saving about $5,000 a year. We did not receive a subsidy. It was just cheaper due to the fact that there was no penalty due to pre-existing conditions, more people in the market, and other reforms. Since then, what we pay has gone up each year due to the market settling, and we both passed an age threshold for higher premiums, but we still don't pay as much as we did before. I figure we've saved about $15,000 so far --- thanks Obama!

Honestly, I don't care what they replace it with as long as it is affordable and offers the coverage I need. Not sure how they are going to do that, but they've been ranting about how the ACA has been a disaster for 6 years, so OBVIOUSLY they have given it a lot of thought during that time and have something better than this "disaster." Right?

There's no possible way that this disaster talk has just been a bunch of political BS, they've got no plans at all, and the real disaster is just right around the corner. Right?

Back