Who to contact about an error on JimZ's site?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've found an error, and I'd like to see if someone could fix it.

The Cherokee D fin scan that is on the site. indicates that the fins are 1/8" thick. I've found nothing that indicates that it EVER came with with 1/8" thik fins. However, my original (ca. 1983) sample is noticeably thinner, and the 1974 Estes Custom Parts Catalog shows that BF-47 (PN 32220) was 3/32" x 4" x 9".

I wonder how many people are out there that have cloned this kit, and find that their fins seem too... I dunno... thick? from what they remember.

Thanks!
Jim

good question, we've tried getting the site to post the fin template for the Estes alpha(K25) for some time. I don't think that the site is being updated, just moved from server to server.
Rex

Good question. Has anyone tried the e-mail listed on this page? I figure probably so but want to be sure.

https://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/index.htm

Even if it never gets updated, it is a great resource. I hate when some people close down their site manly because they can't justify updating the site anymore. Unless it is a news-oriented site or such, it's a good resource for sites to stay up.

I rarely update my own site anymore..... but i'd never shut it down because I don't update it much.

I had the original Cherokee-D, liked it lot. Do not recall what the fin thickness was.

Back