The Secret Life of Pets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Wanted to say what a good movie this was. Yes, it is a kids movie but my wife wanted to watch it. I am amazed how good the computer generation graphics are theses days. It is a good movie. Its hard to find a good family movie these days considering most movies that come out are not very appropriate.

As a parent I have tremendous admiration for Pixar/Disney for making animated movies that I can take my kids to, and not want to gouge my eyes out. The worse I've walked away from one of these movies with is an earworm...No, I will not let it go, Elsa. So shut up about it already!

I still haven't seen The Secret Life of Pets. We gave it to the boys for Christmas, and we used it to get a nap on Christmas afternoon. That is another reason to love these movies, sometimes you just need a nap.

I'm a huge fan of animated movies myself. I haven't seen this one yet, but I rented Zootopia last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.

As a side, I'm also a fan of practical effects in movies (i.e. model and make-up effects vs. CGI). Just the other day I was watching "Tested" on YouTube with Adam Savage (MythBusters) and he was in one of the effects studios in New Zealand that is producing the current "Thunderbirds are Go!" series. Lots of cool models, but I'm a little turned off by the use of CGI characters in the new version rather than the original marionettes.

Back