Any ANsys users?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
just that, any Ansys users here?

if so, which modules?

Keen about fluids (for work, not rockets!) and modelling; how much re-work from a native CAD model? We use Creo, and have done some Creo 'Simulate' analysis. (we have the module) but that's really only structural & thermal. Looking for fluid flow, turbulence, and thermal flows..

I am a former user of Ansys Fluent. The re-work from native CAD is tremendous, especially for any complex 3D geometry. The physics models in Fluent are pretty good, but the pre-processing effort is not competitive. There are better products out there for efficient meshing and workflow, including some open source.

There are better products out there for efficient meshing and workflow, including some open source.

I would very much love to immerse myself in any one such open workflow that might be recommended.

On the hardware / OS / software side I can handle just about anything, but I haven't any experience with which to evaluate the many software packages.

I haven't used Ansys, only COMSOL. I have heard It's a bit easier to mesh in Ansys. Use COMSOL for CFD, structural FEA, particle flow, EM and RF.

Latest posts

Back