49er's Clean house!! (Fired everyone)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
I am not a 49er's fan of any kind, but this is funny. I think it is just cause. Remember at the beginning and throughout the NFL season that Colin Kaepernick fella decided not to stand for the National Anthem. Shame Shame. But I think it is fitting that the 49er's got what they deserved a horrible losing season. It may be Karma but I dont know.

For professional athletes it is a privilege to play sports not a right. If our armed forces did not win the particular wars and battles people of today in this country would not have the freedoms we have. So I have never understood why people would be disrespectful and not salute our flag of the United States or stand for the national anthem to pay their respects and say thank you.

At the end of the day, I am glad the 49er's had a year like they did and they paid by having all their coaches fired. What the players on the field do is in direct reflection of the Head Coach and executives of the organizations. I 100% believe if Jim Harbaugh was still the coach at San Fan then the Kaepernick fella would not have done what he did.

God Bless The United States Of America. Respect is not given it is earned and the armed forces have earned the respect of every American Citizen.

I read 49ers management is now paying out $69M to fired coaches. What boneheads. Should have just kept Harbaugh. Yeah, not the most cordial guy and probably doesn't play well with owners, but neither does Kelly.

I read 49ers management is now paying out $69M to fired coaches. What boneheads. Should have just kept Harbaugh. Yeah, not the most cordial guy and probably doesn't play well with owners, but neither does Kelly.

I thought Kelly did great in college. Its kind of like Steve Spurrier he did great in college but terrible in the NFL. Jim Harbough is one of those coaches who can coach great in either college or pros.

Didn't this happen to the 49er's in the earlier to mid 2000's? After they fired steve mariucci did they owe a ton of money to fired coaches?

Did they fire Kaepernick? I hope so- the man irritates me.

As far as I know they still have that douch, but when the new coaching staff comes in they will get rid of him. I think he is a cancer. I am a chiefs fan and I love it. They wanted Alex Smith gone. The Chiefs have him now and I love Smith. He is a stand up guy and a great fit for the Chiefs. One teams Goat is another teams Leader.

Armed forces fought for his right not to stand, whether or not you like it or the reason behind it. It's not a symbol of disrespect to the armed forces directly, and that's not what he intended it to be.

Braden

As far as I know they still have that douch, but when the new coaching staff comes in they will get rid of him. I think he is a cancer. I am a chiefs fan and I love it. They wanted Alex Smith gone. The Chiefs have him now and I love Smith. He is a stand up guy and a great fit for the Chiefs. One teams Goat is another teams Leader.

<rant>
I'm a niners fan. However, I've not watched a single NFL game this season, largely due to Kaepernick's antics and the political BS which runs rampant in the NFL. As long as he's still in the NFL, the niners and NFL can suck eggs. I plan to be cleaning off my workbench during the superbowl - that's a much more productive activity.
</rant>

Karma or not, everyone has a constitutional right to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the minister, who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the Soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the Soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to protest.
It is the Soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the Soldier, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.
It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Charles Province

Armed forces fought for his right not to stand, whether or not you like it or the reason behind it. It's not a symbol of disrespect to the armed forces directly, and that's not what he intended it to be.

Braden

And its not like he was jumping up and down with both of his middle fingers in the air. He knelt and bowed his head.

Yes it is his constitutional right. That being said he could of found a better way to go about it. There are many other ways to protest. What I am saying there are lots of people watching him. To most people it's disrespectful. His constitutional right but still disrespectful. Kiss watch football and they learn by watching. He is absolutely the wrong person to teach something.

Man, if kids are trying to learn life lessons from pro sports players we're all in trouble. At least in college the players have to pretend to act civilized.

If I'm not mistaken, it was during the National Anthem that he was kneeling.
You Stand and Salute the Flag, or put your Right Hand over your Heart during the Anthem.
At this point he should have been sent to the locker room, without play or pay.
Suspended without pay and warned heavily not to do it again.
The National Anthem stands for many things, Including our Service Men, Freedom and much more.
By kneeling, he basically spit in every American's face.
That's the way I see it.

Sensitive subject matter for me. Finally read previous responses, and saw others had covered it. So I deleted it. But I still feel that way.

Yes it is his constitutional right. That being said he could of found a better way to go about it.

And what would that better way be? If you are black in America, it seems to me there are very few ways to protest that the rest of the country finds "acceptable". Usually the reaction is "sit down and shut up" --- well, that's what he did, and apparently that's unacceptable too.

Sitting for the national anthem is not disrespecting veterans. Those two things are not connected. Why is it that when people criticize the US government, someone will always try to frame that as disrespecting veterans? Stop using veterans as a prop for your political arguments.

And what would that better way be? If you are black in America, it seems to me there are very few ways to protest that the rest of the country finds "acceptable". Usually the reaction is "sit down and shut up" --- well, that's what he did, and apparently that's unacceptable too.

Sitting for the national anthem is not disrespecting veterans. Those two things are not connected. Why is it that when people criticize the US government, someone will always try to frame that as disrespecting veterans? Stop using veterans as a prop for your political arguments.

Your right. I dont know another way. In my life I have never had a reason to protest and because of that I dont know another way. Your also right sitting is not disrespecting veterans directly but it is indirectly disrespecting all usa citizens.

This is like a grade school argument. You ask a group of grade school kids do we respect the flag, yes. Do you salute the flag, yes. Do you stand up when the anthem is played, yes. It is just what you do. In my opinion it is just the responsible thing to do.

Are there reason for people like Keapernick not to stand well I dont know.

This fella should not have anything to grip about, I think his life is pretty good. I did a quick search on the interweb and saw what he is making. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick-7751/ For 2016 his base salary was 11.9 million dollars, and his 2017 salary will be 14.5 million dollars. Instead of protesting and sitting for the anthem why not donate half if not all to some kind of local charity that will directly benefit San Francisco children. That would the manly thing to do.

Are there reason for people like Keapernick not to stand well I dont know.

If you don't know, then why are you suggesting the team got some kind of karmic payback for doing something wrong? You don't know if it's right or wrong. Maybe there is some kind of justification.

If you don't know, then why are you suggesting the team got some kind of karmic payback for doing something wrong? You don't know if it's right or wrong. Maybe there is some kind of justification.

What I mean when I say "I dont know" is idk what other ways he could protest to accomplish whatever goal he wanted. In my view he has been unamerican in not standing. Yes, it is his right to do so. 49ers had a terrible year and got all there coaches fired. What I am getting at is the team itself took a big publicity hit for keapenick doing what he did. NFL is the NFL because of the United States. Its everyone's privilege to play. The team itself could not tell Keapernick he had to stand because that is his constitutional right. But where I think karma came into play is the team did come out and highly suggest he should stand and they continued to support him. As a result, things beyond their control caused their season to be left in ruins, losing almost all their games.

My thought is if your gonna be in the spotlight making a ton of money and on tv every week you should not wine and complain that your not treated well. Being in the spotlight you are set to a specific standard in in my opinion that standard means to stand for the national anthem. But at the end of the day it is his choice but it might not be the right one.

This fella should not have anything to grip about, I think his life is pretty good. I did a quick search on the interweb and saw what he is making. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick-7751/ For 2016 his base salary was 11.9 million dollars, and his 2017 salary will be 14.5 million dollars. Instead of protesting and sitting for the anthem why not donate half if not all to some kind of local charity that will directly benefit San Francisco children. That would the manly thing to do.

You are confusing being paid well with never being discriminated against. Being a white guy I have rarely felt discrimination, but I have felt out of place at times. One that comes to mind is when my wife and I visited Cairo, Egypt and we strayed out of the tourist zone. We walked just a few blocks past the nice hotels and into a neighborhood where tourists didn't go. I went because I wanted to see how the locals lived. EVERYONE stared at us as we walked around. No hostility, or anything remotely threatening, but we sure attracted a lot more attention than I anticipated. Now imagine a young black guy who may encounter this and worse on a daily basis. Being well paid doesn't make any difference in these situations.

You are confusing being paid well with never being discriminated against. Being a white guy I have rarely felt discrimination, but I have felt out of place at times. One that comes to mind is when my wife and I visited Cairo, Egypt and we strayed out of the tourist zone. We walked just a few blocks past the nice hotels and into a neighborhood where tourists didn't go. I went because I wanted to see how the locals lived. EVERYONE stared at us as we walked around. No hostility, or anything remotely threatening, but we sure attracted a lot more attention than I anticipated. Now imagine a young black guy who may encounter this and worse on a daily basis. Being well paid doesn't make any difference in these situations.

You are right being paid lots of money does not make it any easier to adapting to you surroundings. I guess for me its hard to relate to him. I am a red blooded white American. I have had to work for everything I have gotten. Worked throughout college, graduated. Have a good career. Raise a family in this world. I love America!!! It is just hard to understand why anyone would not stand for the anthem. I guess if I was raised differently and had a different path in life I would think differently. I guess its a "innocents" for me. Anyone living in this great country of ours should respect the flag and anthem. Everyone starts from a different place but at the end of the day anyone and everyone can reach the summit (American dream). Yes, some have a head start in life. My folks paid for some of my college not all of it but some. But I believe the dream is achievable by every single American citizen.

I think we have gotten away from the OP. What does the firing of the 49er coaches have to do with Kaepernick?

That might make sense if he were complaining about his contract or lack of opportunity for NFL players. But as far as I know his protest has absolutely nothing to do with money. I think it has to do with police shooting black people for apparently unjustified reasons and getting away with it. And discrimination in the criminal justice system in general.

I think we have gotten away from the OP. What does the firing of the 49er coaches have to do with Kaepernick?

I think the original message was a Kaepernick complaint thinly disguised as a pseudo nonpolitical discussion of management firings.

Back