Rocket Grill

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Paul and I have a project I wanted to share. A few months ago he came to me with the idea of building a custom grill for events and fund raising. Then he showed me some material he had picked up. A friend had a 15' Aluminum display rocket he needed to get rid of and Paul decided it was neat so he took it. Now he brings this material to me and asks if we can build a grill in the shape of a rocket. Never backing down from a "crazy idea" I told him Heck Yes.
Being the broke-penny-pincher that I am we started with recycled metals and a trailer kit from Harbor Freight. This is what we came up with. The nose is our cooler for drinks, next is a 5' buffet (warming or cooling)area followed by the 4' grill and storage for fuel and hardware.
In the background you can see part of the Mobile Launch Platform we build for our Nike Ajax project.

IMG_0937.jpgIMG_0948.jpgIMG_0958.jpgIMG_0962.jpgIMG_1024.jpgIMG_1188.jpgIMG_1190.jpg

Last edited:
would be something if the smoke came out the back end, nice bit of work.
Rex

This thing would be great a launches I bet!
Sell burgers, dogs, brats, drinks, chips, snacks, etc.
I'll have to look for it later, but there is a site for home made grill contests.
This one deserves to be interred for sure!
Way to go guys!

I wonder if you could incorporate a rocket stove in a rocket grill...

don't show this to Tim. I would rather not have my burgers cooked inside of 1 sec(and then have to go out to the away pad...:))
Rex

don't show this to Tim. I would rather not have my burgers cooked inside of 1 sec(and then have to go out to the away pad...:))
Rex

Actually that would be kinda cool. Slow smoke for 4 to 6 hours than launch and ejection (sear) for perfect prime rib!

Back