2017 - Return of the Year of the Bike

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One other piece of safety equipment that gets forgotten is glasses. If you don't wear glasses normally, it's nice to have something between the crud in the air (bugs, grit thrown by cars, dust, etc) and your eyeballs. I use retired safety glasses from work, but pretty much anything with a tight-ish fit to your eyes will work.

get the gloves and wear them! A nice pair is light but when you go down, you'll save 3 weeks of healing time, all of which will hurt. They're not that hot and you will get used to them. Mine hang off the bike when not in use, they go on reflexively and also decrease vibration transmission!

My specs are Oakly M frames. If it's really remote, sometimes my Oakley Thumps. Heck, even the Home Despot sells safety glasses for full sunlight.

Gloves are definitely on the list, as I am temporarily on blood thinners, and my doctors have said in no uncertain terms, to not open any holes in myself; No scrapes, cuts or internal bruising to include no bleeding ulcers... that would all be bad, and could all happen in one fall (except for the ulcer part).

Last riding day of the year for me, and I'll make it to 2144 miles. I woulda had another 100 or so but I changed jobs to one that's 4 miles round trip instead of 25. A definite plus for commute time, but hard on my total miles numbers. :)

See you all next year!

Well, this year was an absolute bust for me. I don't think I made 1K. Between a fractured patella in Feb and a degenerative spine condition starting in July, I went down hard. Surgery for the spine is now on the mend and I told the Surgeon and PT folks I want to be in the cleats in April.

Well, this year was an absolute bust for me. I don't think I made 1K. Between a fractured patella in Feb and a degenerative spine condition starting in July, I went down hard. Surgery for the spine is now on the mend and I told the Surgeon and PT folks I want to be in the cleats in April.

2501. Just made it, that is my reduced goal not my original. Next year I'll hit 3500.

Six months back into biking after a year away from home, but did the Bambino Gran Fondo today on Zwift!

Hrocket, wish you a speedy recovery and back on the bike soon!

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Back