I'm Quitting Smoking on January 1 - Anybody Wanna Join Me?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, guys, I've been absent from TRF for a few days.

So, the other day, I passed my 750th cigarette not smoked. I've also passed the $400 saved mark.

It has gotten much much easier. I still kind of want one. But I don't think about it all the time. It's mainly certain times - breaks at work (the worst. What do I do with my time??), when I've got dinner on the stove and I'm waiting for it to cook (which was one of my favorites of the day). Still, the bad part is over.

And last week I added beer to the list. I'm one of those guys who likes beer with every dinner, and it was getting out of hand. So, I decided to go 1990's Cookie Monster on this - beer is a sometimes food.

I'm taking time off from all alcohol until later this month. I imagine I'll go for a few beers with some folks I meet at NARCON. Till then, I'm having sparkling water with lemon juice in the evenings. I need something which isn't just water, but which doesn't have caffeine (I usually have to get up at 3:30 a.m. for work). Not too hard, unless I'm having something spicy for dinner.

And I just checked my app - just passed my 800th cigarette not smoked, and almost up to $425 saved.
Good for you. 21 yrs today 05-14-2017 alcohol free!

...or an O25000... Or half a 3/4 scale Merc Redstone according to Feckless Counsel...

Or every CTI Smoky Sam motor, just for kicks...
Capture.JPG

6,570 cigarettes...

$3,482.10...

Nearly four grams of nicotine...

These are the wasteful things I've managed to do away with in the last year.

For anybody who joined me last year I hope you managed to keep it up. If not, hey, it's a new year and tomorrow morning is a new day.

I've always kind of been a weak-willed person. I have a hard time stopping doing something I like. And, boy, did I like cigarettes! But if I'm able to quit smoking by choice, I have to believe it's possible for people to change, at least a little bit.

Happy New Year, folks!

No Smoking One Year 01.jpg

No Smoking One Year 02.jpg

6,570 cigarettes...

$3,482.10...

For anybody who joined me last year I hope you managed to keep it up. If not, hey, it's a new year and tomorrow morning is a new day.

I've always kind of been a weak-willed person. I have a hard time stopping doing something I like. And, boy, did I like cigarettes! But if I'm able to quit smoking by choice, I have to believe it's possible for people to change, at least a little bit.

Happy New Year, folks!

View attachment 335232

View attachment 335233

Well done, congrats.

Daniel,

Congratulations from your local clubs. We know there have been tough times and temptations along the way but you have made it the full year.
Now you have even more inspiration to stay on track.
We're all pulling for you.

Great work Daniel!
I get the feeling you are now a "strong willed" person.
Pretty great numbers - $3400 saved and 27 days? Amazing.

I have never smoked or been much of a drinker, but huge congrats to those who have quit this last year.

I think seeing what cigarettes and booze did to my mom as I was growing up gave me a huge incentive never to get hooked on either one. I remember my mom smoking and drinking EVERY night after my dad died. I was in 8th grade when he died from lymphoma. Anyway, she staggered to bed every night and I worried about her setting the couch on fire as she seemed pretty tipsy while smoking. As a kid I couldn't say anything about the drinking or smoking as she never listened to me anyway.

So once again congrats for making yourself healthier and wealthier.

6,570 cigarettes...

$3,482.10...

Happy New Year, folks!

View attachment 335232

View attachment 335233

Congrats!

You can now fly one 24/40 motor a month for the next 40 years (assuming the retail price stays around $22 for 3)...

Back