4" Madcow Tomach Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Level 3 rocket was almost identical to this rocket. Mine was 108 inches tall though and tipped the scales at just over 18 and a half pounds minus the motor. Loaded with a loki M 1882 it flew to over 15,000 feet at Mach 1.37.

Eric

I have a 4" Diameter DYOK from Rocketry Warehouse. I wound up building it in a similar design as the rocket shown here. I have flown it thrice on Aerotech 3 grain L's... L850, L1150, L1390. All three have reached ~11,000 feet. I ordered a M1297 this Black Saturday sale to see what happens. It's about 25#.

I enjoy flying mine.

Isn't the m1297 a 10lb motor? Madcow lists the 4" tomach at 90" and 14lbs (raw parts weight I aassume), so I'd have expected 25lbs or more!

Is 21.4 the full loaded weight ? (Propellant, parachute etc) or burnout weight? I'm about to start a 4" frenzy that madcow also calls 14lbs and I was assuming would end up fully loaded except motor around 17 because of epoxy, electronics, parachutes, etc.

I'm about to start construction of a Madcow 4" Fiberglass Frenzy XL which is listed to be 14 lbs without motor. I measured all the kit components as well as actual weights for the chutes, cords, hardware, altimeters, single GPS tracker and batteries that will be included and entered them into an Open Rocket Model. I did not include the weight of adhesives or paint yet. With a M1297W, the weight is 23.8 lbs. and without motor the weight is 13.6 lbs. I anticipate being right about 14 to 14.5 lbs when it's all together with liberal fillets and paint... which would put it at 24 - 25 lbs on the pad with a M1297W. At this weight, the sim is predicting 12,200 feet altitude and max velocity of Mach 1.22.

Back