What It Took to Kill the Biggest (and Baddest) Battleship Ever Built

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch the full broadside salvos starting at 2:58.....man I just can't watch this enough!

[video]https://youtu.be/dVvEPTYrcXA[/video]

Notice how there's nobody on deck while firing, the concussion would probably kill them. I was on a destroyer with 5" guns and as small as they are compared to a battleship, you could feel the ship shake every time just a single gun fired.

Not as bad as being directly under a 5" turret when the gun is fired.

Notice how there's nobody on deck while firing, the concussion would probably kill them. I was on a destroyer with 5" guns and as small as they are compared to a battleship, you could feel the ship shake every time just a single gun fired.

I thought the same thing, but at one point in the video, the camera angle changes, and you see some photographers standing in the open.

Thank you for your service!

My younger brother was stationed on the destroyer USS Spruance for a period of time. He saved a few of the casings from the 5 inch guns and mailed them home to me. I have one on either side of my front door. People think they're umbrella holders. It never ceases to amaze people when I explain what they really are.

-Aaron

I had many successful flights on my space battleship yamato, it is a profile but that was the only way to get it to glide....

[video=youtube;MC7I3tf65Ok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC7I3tf65Ok[/video]

Back