Hyperion--TRA Level 3 Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? Eggfinder works fine. I have used it several times. Only time I had a problem is when it appears my system was powered up for far too long and sat on the pad at Airfest for far too long, just like yours. Lost track near landing but someone else found it thankfully. Else, works just fine. You've got a good system, just need to learn to properly use it and get the proper batteries for it. I have actually had more problems with my BRB 70cm system than the Eggfinder. I lose signal from the BRB every time I fly it for some reason. But usually I fly it in tandem with eggfinder so I get it back.

-Mike

When I lost the rocket, my EF transmitter went AWOL. I still have a USB RX and an LCD RX for my EF, so I'm stuck in the debate if I want to sell those and get another tracking system, or just buy another transmitter.

When I lost the rocket, my EF transmitter went AWOL. I still have a USB RX and an LCD RX for my EF, so I'm stuck in the debate if I want to sell those and get another tracking system, or just buy another transmitter.

Damn. I missed that your EF Tx went missing. That sucks. :(

Seems like the T3 operates pretty much like the Eggfinder.

So $70 for EF Tx plus soldering.
Or $149 for T3 ready to use.

Comes down to personal choice, I suppose.

Oh! I didn't realize they were almost the same thing. I had it in my head that the T3 was a RF system.

If they're the same thing, I might as well stay with the Eggfinder.

Oh! I didn't realize they were almost the same thing. I had it in my head that the T3 was a RF system.

If they're the same thing, I might as well stay with the Eggfinder.

Tx Specs: 902 to 928 MHz

Says Rx connects via Bluetooth to your phone, and you use apps like Rocket Locator to find your rocket.

Looks nearly identical except that the range on T3 says up to 9 miles. Surprising seeing that it has that little whip antenna.

I'm not planning on anything above the 13k range anytime soon.

I have flown to 16k with the Eggfinder and Eggfinder Mini. No problems on that flight.

Flew the standard Eggfinder this past weekend to 14k, no problem either.

-Mike

Damn. I missed that your EF Tx went missing. That sucks. :(

Seems like the T3 operates pretty much like the Eggfinder.

So $70 for EF Tx plus soldering.
Or $149 for T3 ready to use.

Comes down to personal choice, I suppose.

T3 has more output power 250mW vs 100mW of the EggFinder. Many folks have flown EF's above 10k and were satisfied with the performance. It helped them find their rockets but technically with the higher power output of the T3 there
should be an advantage to position reception and decoding at longer distances. In reality , it probably doesn't make a difference with sport fliers and it boils down to kit or ready-built for many. Kurt

No problem with EF for me either. EF full sized to 18k and mini to 16k. That said I also ordered a MWT3 too. For aggressive flights I'll probably send up both...EFmini on the shock cord and the T3 hard mounted. That is the plan anyway.

Back