Personal Launch Report - LUNAR December Club Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbdm

Rocketry Tourist
Reaction score
LUNAR December Club launch. Due to early winter rains this year LUNAR started winter high power season in November.

Nice sunny and calm day. Snow ranch is greening up.

l1.jpg l2.jpg

l3.jpg l4.jpg

Three launches for me this time. Fun under powered Christmas Tree Rocket, Intimidator 3" on Aerotech K2050ST, and Double Shot two stage. Double Shot second stage didn't ignite, no damage.

l5.jpg l6.jpg

Video of my launches.

[YOUTUBE]oZNLNikooqg[/YOUTUBE]

Nice, wish I could have been there, hopefully January.

Curious, what are the stats on the Intimidator with that K2050? Namely the weight, and what sort of speed/altitude it hit?

What electronics do you fly in the Double Shot, and any idea why the sustainer didn't ignite? Glad it all came back okay, I ordered one at Madcow's BF sale, looking forward to building it!

Curious, what are the stats on the Intimidator with that K2050? Namely the weight, and what sort of speed/altitude it hit?

Weights 12 lbs, 85 inches long, reached just 5,100 ft, max acceleration was 1,100 ft/sec

What electronics do you fly in the Double Shot, and any idea why the sustainer didn't ignite? Glad it all came back okay, I ordered one at Madcow's BF sale, looking forward to building it!

On my Double shot and Wildman Jr two stage... I'm about 60% successfully in getting 2nd stage to ignite.

I'm using a Marsa 54LHD now was using Xavier timers before. This time seem to lose power, was power off when when I picked up 2nd stage, switch was in the on position. Did try to light the ematch. I listen to beeping when on the pad so I know it was powered on at launch. When I open the eBay and power on with lcd screen, it all checked out fine and was ready to go no issues, no broken wires, battery was fine, etc.

The same rocket and Marsa flew successfully at TCC's October skies.

Back