Estes Executioner #1951 Rerelease!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm a plan is taking shape...glass the thinwall tube, eat the fit-for-human-consumption balsa (Cholula sauce helps), replace fins with possibly inedible plywood, maybe likewise with rings, change shock line to definitely inedible Kevlar, put a drone tracker TX in the nose, stock up on the very tasty I205's, and take the thing to Lucerne for some 1 km+ fun. :grin:

The original fins and centering rings make great templates for some quick fab ply replacements.

Dont forget a Coker style CR in the nose for tracker or altimeter mounting

Kenny

Always wondered why they picked a name like executioner?? not the most inspiring or cool name.

I may have to clone this as my next project. Am I correct in my belief it was just a BT-80 of appropriate length and PNC-80K?

Always wondered why they picked a name like executioner?? not the most inspiring or cool name.

Yeah, kinda silly. Working on the theme of black/dark. If you look at the paint scheme apart from the name and the decal, it's actually pretty neat looking. They're leaving a lot on the table for the modeler to accomplish with paint and pinstriping. Would be fairly cool to do the face card paint scheme without decals.

I may have to clone this as my next project. Am I correct in my belief it was just a BT-80 of appropriate length and PNC-80K?

https://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/est1951.htm

Last edited:
I just wanted to let you know there are two differences between the old and this new version. You now have the 24mm plastic retainer system instead of the metal engine hook and the plywood fins have been replaced with Balsa Fins. Why you ask were the plywood fins replaced with Balsa Fins; the answer is simply. Our China supplier doesn't have plywood that a human can eat in the great state of California so I was forced to go with Balsa.

John Boren
That is funny and so true, just left California and living freely in TN. Also, I can fly rockets on my own property. Now, if Estes could just bring back the Omega, I know it is easy to clone, but it is not the same.

Back