Trying to Contact Diane Dorn

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
While at Midwest Power 14 this year I ran into Diane and, her husband Bill *many* times but, it wasn't until the afternoon of Sunday that I realized I had a question for her...

By then she was gone-

Diane uses a very small radio tracker that works along with the Rocket Hunter (Comspec system) that is SO TINY I think you could strap it to a bee and, let it go.

She's mentioned the source before ( I believe out of Northern Illinois ) and, I can't find anything like that on the Internet...She can found on FACEBOOK ( look for the picture of her holding a Bass "fish" )

If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it! I think my 29mm minimum dia two stager would really benefit from this item.

Thanks everyone! :eek:

LL Electronics in Champaign Illinois.

Talk to Lauren, she will set you up with the frequency you need for your rocket hunter.

They are very small and light transmitters compared to ComSpec and others.

LL Electronics in Champaign Illinois.

Talk to Lauren, she will set you up with the frequency you need for your rocket hunter.

They are very small and light transmitters compared to ComSpec and others.

DAD! You posted just as I hit reply post on mine...;) Thanks too Gary! Yeah, I just had to replace one of my Com-Spec transmitters and, I'm not...not real happy with their new design (that round thingy). This will work soooo much better in my newest 24mm minimum diameter and, 29mm Two Stagers. Because my eyes can't catch those things-

Thanks again Dad....:eek:

BINGO! That's it right there! She's running one of those LL Electronics XLF series transmitters.
I will contact them this week and, see if their frequencies are in the 22X.XXX range so as to work with my 12 year old Com-Spec.

Thanks again Mark and, Al!:D

They can do whatever frequency you need. I got one in 216.505 for a channel on my Walston. Great people to deal with.

Latest posts

Back