FinSim 4.5

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarimMurad

Reaction score
I wounder any one has a download link for FinSim 4.5 or older versions? I have sent more than 5 emails requesting the download link but with no respond.:(:bang:

John Cipolla is a member here, and only he can provide the link for downloads. If you sent emails per the instructions on the website is all you can do is wait as the software is copyrighted, and depending on where you are located maybe subject to regulation.

John Cipolla is a member here, and only he can provide the link for downloads. If you sent emails per the instructions on the website is all you can do is wait as the software is copyrighted, and depending on where you are located maybe subject to regulation.

x1000!

Just wait, or find something else that suits your needs.

I wounder any one has a download link for FinSim 4.5 or older versions? I have sent more than 5 emails requesting the download link but with no respond.:(:bang:
Hello KarimMurad:
Normally I only send AeroFinSim and my other programs to U.S. residents but because you have a great sense of humor with the little guy hitting his head on the wall and because you are a Rocketry Forum member please send me another email and mention your post and you will get the download link.

Thank you.
John

Hello KarimMurad:
Normally I only send AeroFinSim and my other programs to U.S. residents but because you have a great sense of humor with the little guy hitting his head on the wall and because you are a Rocketry Forum member please send me another email and mention your post and you will get the download link.

Thank you.
John

Thank you so much and I appreciate your help ������. An email has been sent to you with subject "The little guy hitting his head on the wall" ��

I suppose I only emailed this morning but is there any chance I would be allowed?

:bangpan::roll::fly::horse::horse::neener::horse::horse::fly::roll::bangpan:

Glad to see this thread. I've emailed as well. Tried once before but worth a shot to try again. Look forward to using the tool to learn and grow.

Hello KarimMurad:

Thank you.
John
I have also emailed you requesting software. Could I also get the download link?

Hello all,

It took me two tries to get the DL link. I think what made the difference on the second attempt was that I decided NOT to be lazy with the subject matter.

1st email
Name:

Address:

I am very interested in your FinSim program.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

2nd email

Hello Mr. Cipolla,
I would like to download 2 of AeroRocket's free software titles, AeroFinSim 4.5 and AeroCP 4.0. They will be used primarily for custom Mid-Power/High-Power designs within the motor classes F through I.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

My Information
Name:

Address:

Although I cannot be sure, I do believe that being courteous and adding brief details will go a long way in eliciting a positive response.

Not saying that any of you were lazy like me, just throwing a bit of advice out there.

^^ What he said. I forgot what I wrote when I requested it, but I gave a Very short description of projects I had in mind where FinSim would be useful.

Not a thesis, but enough to indicate that I wasn't trying to create supersonic TBMs (tactical ballistic missiles)

As per the two above posts, I wrote a very brief explanation of my background, education, and intentions (Tripoli Level 1 certification using an original design). I also put my full home mailing address at the top of the request per the instructions. Mr. Cippola got back to me in just a bit over an hour with the link.

Nice program. Not for a neophyte. Examples of use on website. (If still up.)
As far as materials are concerned, if one is using material not in the database, they are on their own in searching
out the constants and mathematical constructs that describes their raw building supplies.
I believe that Finsim can be a garbage in, garbage out program if the user does not know what they are doing.

I am in no way questioning the validity of the program. The simulation results will be reasonable as long as the parameters of the materials used are described accurately in/to the simulation.

Some scenarios might be difficult for a neophyte to carry out. For instance a cardboard rocket with plywood fins that are surface mount and laminated with layered 2 oz fiberglass cloth in a 1/3, 2/3rds and full span manner from root to tip.
All the while rotating the weave 45 degrees between layers. These techniques can help mitigate fin flutter in said project
but would be hard to simulate.

For newbies think of this as a tool to spark ideas but not to take everything as Gospel. Especially if their building materials stray from the database. Kurt

Even with Apogee's fin flutter excel file, if you don't know the exact shear modulus of the material you're using or your fins aren't exactly trapezoidal, then it definitely is garbage in - garbage out.

I have found it much more useful to look at the material & thickness of fins for rockets that are similar to yours at the speeds you desire.

Also look for real world instances of fins breaking apart due to flutter, what material & construction did they use and at what speed did the break happen?

Back