Estes 1376 NASA Pegasus

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm... Ahead of the CP?

:grin:

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Pegasus was one of my old favorites and I had forgotten about it until your post!

While I can't answer that, I can curse the memory of yet another .ork file lost in the HD crash.

OR will do tube fins too, should be able to handle a Pegasus I would think. K'Tesh?

Yes, and no...

I simmed up the Pegasus up, but due to the lean of the fins (not perpendicular to the body tube), I was unable to get them to work properly (touch, but not go through the tube fins). I was hoping that a future release of OR would fix that, but lost the file when the HD crashed.

Last edited:
I had forgotten about the new-ish tube fin capability.

And Jim is right, you can get close, but can't make OR 'lean' a fin over so it isn't perpendicular to the body tube. Still, close is good enough for me, in this case.

2016-11-23.jpg
2016-11-23 (1).jpg

Hmmm... it looks like I've only got about 1 caliper stability when loaded up. Guess I'll have to drill into the nosecone to get some weight further forward.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1479995326.629716.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1479995344.728113.jpg

Looks great. Did an upscale about 2 years ago as a Christmas gift for Dad. Always a favorite around here.

-Hans

By request, here's the ORK file that goes with the above pics.

NOTE: This file is for a BT20/BT5 based downscale- not the original, which I believe was BT55/BT50 based. (Tube reference double check... yep) It's less than ideal in several ways, and would make Jim/K'Tesh weep with sorrow. Your milage may vary.

View attachment NASA Pegasus.ork

Last edited:
Thank YOU!

By request, here's the ORK file that goes with the above pics.

NOTE: This file is for a BT20/BT5 based downscale- not the original, which I believe was BT55/BT50 based. (Tube reference double check... yep) It's less than ideal in several ways, and would make Jim/K'Tesh weep with sorrow. Your milage may vary.

View attachment 308343

Back