Who's Going to NARCON 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beans

Founder, Jolly Logic
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It's February 24-46 in Virginia. It would be nice to see forum members there.

I think I'm going (I have flight and hotel reservation), even though I won't be giving a talk. Last presentation must not have been interesting enough! :(

I'm considering it. Coast to coast for me but I haven't been back east in a long time & would love to see the latest setup at NASM.

I'll be there. I've made my hotel reservation and registered for the event. Still need to get a flight to Dulles.

I'm hoping to make it. I've never been to a "-CON" before, and this is the first one I've ever been interested in.

I'll be there as well. Can't bring any kits or anything with me, but if anyone wants to talk rocket gliders I'll be around.

Frank

Only two weeks now and reservations just completed. Will have to dig out some old Centuri paraphernalia for Keynote speaker Lee Piester to add his signature.

If there are name tags, TRF members should add "TRF: [TRF name]." It would be fun to connect some faces with TRF names. Does TRF get any recognition at this event?

Frank, looking forward to learning more about rocket gliders!

Ugh, just got diagnosed with 103 fever, Influenza A and maybe Pneumonia...so no Narcon for me sigh....the one time I had a flu shot I got about twice as sick as I feel now, but might have to reconsider next year.

Frank

NARCON kicked off today with a tour of Aurora Flight Sciences. Great opportunity for young minds to see the kinds of opportunities available for those interested to aerospace. Tonight included the perfunctory NAR business reports.

How many TRF members care about NAR given its focus on low power and mainly youth competition?

IMG_9027.jpg

On the backend of NARCON was a visit to the Smithsonian Air & Space museum Udvar-Hazy Center at Dulles Airport. We got a private screening of the IMAX movie on building the international space station and then a special guided tour of the archives collection and McDonnell Space Hanger.

Docent Scott Wiley showed us around Space Hall where there were many rocketry-related items big and small. If you have never been, put it on your bucket list.

IMG_9072.jpg

IMG_9051.jpg

IMG_9056.jpg

How many TRF members care about NAR given its focus on low power and mainly youth competition?

I'd say there's a fair number on here that re heavily involved in Lo-power flight. I've read several state they have no desire to go for hi-power certification even.

I think I'm going (I have flight and hotel reservation), even though I won't be giving a talk. Last presentation must not have been interesting enough! :(

It was a great convention. When will the tiny Alt 4 be released for purchase?

Caught this late. For what it's worth, your talk in the vendor forum TOTALLY got all of us excited!! Once again some of the most innovative stuff I've seen in rocketry in a while.

Back