Smallest rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you kidding its Feather Weight recovery, says it right on the package.

Last edited:
Unfortunately no, as there just hasn't been enough demand to justify the cost.

That's too bad. Although, maybe I should look at this like therapy...it really doesn't matter if my fins are just a little bit mis-aligned on MMX and mini rockets (I need to repeat that over and over...)

I think I may have worlds smallest Der Red Max.

In this pic. You have a carded Chris Michielssen Der Red Max and Yellow Jacket. Next to them are their BT-2.5 counter parts and a MMX engin for comparison.

Attachments

• FC929F0B-971E-499A-BFE6-66ACF117F132.jpeg
    FC929F0B-971E-499A-BFE6-66ACF117F132.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
read the title and I immediately thought someone has glued fins, a launch lug and a nosecone to a motor... you can't get smaller than that...

MM 345-sm_Nano-Dot_06-29-08.jpg My Smallest MMX rocket .281"dia x 1-39/64" long is Shown below. I've made 12 of the little buggers to date I have yet to recover one. I've had as many as 30 pair of eyes watching their launches but no joy on recovery. these little .8g rockets teleport out of sight so quickly we don't even get to see the smoke trail:)

Last edited by a moderator:
My Smallest MMX rocket .281"dia x 1-39/64" long is Shown below. I've made 12 of the little buggers to date I have yet to recover one. I've had as many as 30 pair of eyes watching their launches but no joy on recovery. these little .8g rockets teleport out of sight so quickly we don't even get to see the smoke trail:)

I know you must be used to losing them... reminds me of a phrase I share from time to time "the lifetime of any rocket in hand is one more launch"

Wow, that went slightly sideways. Could you not make a small payload section built on top of the motor that would house a streamer? It's single use but recoverable.

I have "adhered" a small section of body tube and teeny tiny fins to a MMX motor. teeny tiny drop of CA holds it in place. it is non permanent and does not alter the motor or its intended usage in any way. They are plastic (at least the ones I used) I called it the Virus.

flush cutters teeeny snip and it pops right off as if it was never there at all. I managed to fly one 3 times before I lose it and could not find it for a 4th flight.

I also do this with comp flight. 1 little drop of CA at the boundary of motor and body tube. its non permanent does not damage or alter either the rocket or the motor and is far more secure and far far safer than Tape. never EVER kicked a motor that did not cato first. :)

Back