Madcow Rocketry Countdown to Black Friday!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't win because this sale offers 1 or 2 of the items you're looking for, and they're gone 80 seconds after the sale starts.

Disagree. Madcow has always worked to build up inventory to support quick shipments from their sales. Yes, there are kits that have more demand, but sale start times are well-advertised and Madcow has never had a hiccup with their web store. So yes, "snooze, you lose," but not the fault of this vendor.

Disagree. Madcow has always worked to build up inventory to support quick shipments from their sales. Yes, there are kits that have more demand, but sale start times are well-advertised and Madcow has never had a hiccup with their web store. So yes, "snooze, you lose," but not the fault of this vendor.

Not true. They offered a "sale" on AeroPack and retainers I wanted were gone less than 10 minutes after the sale started. Tomorrow I'm buying multiple products at a sale where all orders placed during the sale will be filled. That's a sale....This was a sale of stock on hand, and clearly in some cases their inventory was next to nothing.

Not true. They offered a "sale" on AeroPack and retainers I wanted were gone less than 10 minutes after the sale started. Tomorrow I'm buying multiple products at a sale where all orders placed during the sale will be filled. That's a sale....This was a sale of stock on hand, and clearly in some cases their inventory was next to nothing.

That's different. Madcow and every other vendor is just a reseller of Aeropack (which you can purchase direct). It's your choice, if you want to wait 4 mos. for delivery, then go the back order route. Otherwise order in stock, sale prices from Madcow or Chris' Rocket Supply.

A sale of stock on hand, that's a pretty good business model for a business owner and good for the buyer as they then don't have the frustration of dealing with companies like RAH and RW, and the buyer knows up front they need to look elsewhere for those products.

That's different. Madcow and every other vendor is just a reseller of Aeropack (which you can purchase direct). It's your choice, if you want to wait 4 mos. for delivery, then go the back order route. Otherwise order in stock, sale prices from Madcow or Chris' Rocket Supply.

I understand all that, I've been in sales all my career but its no different than Best Buy advertising a $300 4K TV and having only 1. You don't need to tout it, it will sell itself. In the end you just ticked people off. And it wasn't only retainers. There were lots of items they had very low stock on. This was a clearance sale.

Last edited:
I ordered three of the AP retainers during the Madcow sale. Maybe one of the ones I ordered only had one in stock. Maybe I'm faster at putting things in my cart and checking out. If you had gotten one of the ones I wanted, I wouldn't blame Madcow. I'd simply take part in one of the other "Black Saturday" sales and purchased from there. It's just a retainer, lighten up.

Yes, you told me that early Friday morning, at which time I remarked that I was happy for you.

Would you like to buy it from me? I'll sell it to you for the price I paid, plus shipping. Maybe you need it for an L2 build that you need to finish up?

There were lots of items they had very low stock on. This was a clearance sale.

I noticed this also and was a bit surprised how quickly things disappeared. I generally prefer this type of sale and like knowing that my stuff is in stock and soon delivered. Nonetheless, for the first time, I participated in the "other" sale that is more like pre-ordering. We'll see which one I like better!

So I placed an order on Friday. It arrived TODAY. Boxed up very secure. AWESOME Madcow. Awesome.

Mine arrived today. I'm in Ohio. Awesome service Mike and crew!

There were lots of items they had very low stock on.

I'm large fan (figuratively and physically) of MC; I have an Arcas, Patriot, and AeroBee150. No one does it better. But probably have to agree (at least partially) with this one, at least for most of the kits... I wanted to use a fenzyXL for my L3 but it sold (to my eye anyway) disgustingly fast. I could've used a lesser known kit or bought something more expensive, but decided to bypass the sale for another day. Maybe I'll wait till next year to get it, or maybe build from scratch...

fm

Last edited:
I understand all that, I've been in sales all my career but its no different than Best Buy advertising a $300 4K TV and having only 1. You don't need to tout it, it will sell itself. In the end you just ticked people off. And it wasn't only retainers. There were lots of items they had very low stock on. This was a clearance sale.

No complaints here! I picked up a CF ToMach 98 and a DoubleShot! Mike is always great to work with, and their website works like a charm!

NikeMikey

Got my 8" DX3 today. Thanks for the great deal and quick shipping. She's going to look good flying on an O25000 next year at AirFest.

Got my 8" DX3 today. Thanks for the great deal and quick shipping. She's going to look good flying on an O25000 next year at AirFest.

Can't wait to see that, Nik!!!! I like O25,000's in 8" glass airframes are a great combo!!!

Got my stuff today! Unfortunately, I need to retire so I can build the growing inventory of kits I'm accumulating. Anecdotally, I got the Aeropack retainers I wanted, I'm guessing they just didn't realize how much demand there would be for some products.

My order arrived today; beautifully packaged and everything is in perfect condition. Madcow was even able to get my two orders combined (per my request) and sent in one package. The cardboard Mini AGM-33 Pike and 4" Sea Wolf will make for a very enjoyable building season!

My order arrived today as well, a FG Mini Frenzy DD and a Cowabunga, only issue is my Mini Frenzy is missing the motor mount tube, but I doubt there will be any problems getting the part. The packaging was indeed first rate.

Thanks for this :) I think it is a very important way to do things.

My order arrived today as well, a FG Mini Frenzy DD and a Cowabunga, only issue is my Mini Frenzy is missing the motor mount tube, but I doubt there will be any problems getting the part. The packaging was indeed first rate.

Got my missing mmt yesterday, great service from Madcow.

Received my Osprey75 today, not bad at all for cross-country shipping on a budget!

I'll say 2 things about the kit:

1. The cut and fit of each component is stellar. Square cuts, equal diameters all around, with nice slip fits. The FWFG nose cones are still my favorite evolution in the hobby, and this one is no exception.
2. The fins are MASSIVE. The stock picture GROSSLY understates the size of the fins in relation to the length of tube and span. It's not the end of the world for me as I intend to cut this down and leave out the MMT for some East Coast waiver flights on 76-3500's, but I have a lot of fin slot area to fill.

For those curious what I am talking about:

u2ch0VE.png

Back