xxxxx

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

I've rotated them in photoshop every which way to try and correct the problem. How did you fix the problem? And why doesn't the forum keep the file's native orientation?

If I had to guess, the image contains wrong EXIF data and the forum tries to "correct" the orientation based on the EXIF data.

See here for a possible fix:
https://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-EXIF-to-make-rotated-photos-look-correct/

Reinhard

That was my experience with sideways pics. When I opened the picture in Gimp it said the EXIF data indicated the pic was rotated although it looked upright in the Windows Media Viewer. I let Gimp rotate the picture, re-saved it and it uploaded fine.

RandyL

That was my experience with sideways pics. When I opened the picture in Gimp it said the EXIF data indicated the pic was rotated although it looked upright in the Windows Media Viewer. I let Gimp rotate the picture, re-saved it and it uploaded fine.

RandyL

So are you saying, "Save one with the Gimper"? :eyeroll:

I have used tiny pic - this sight - rotated , stood on my head, taken pics in both directions ect ...................
Its certainly poss ( operator error ) , just ask my wife- but it works fine in the other 6 Forums I frequent.
Besides , my builds where really nothing special- I just felt prety good about the stuff I built from parts lying around and techniques I have learned here over the last few years.
No biggie- they are only rockets with half decent paint and that actually worked :facepalm:

Last edited:
Just send a message to the mods and they will delete the thread for you.

Why would I do such a thing rhash ? and miss all the stupid comments/ video clips and instructions on how to properly do it ??
You Sr . are a kill joy :wink:

Last edited:
I dunno, but I can place mine in any orientation, dumb luck probably!!

Back