wildman's black saturday sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was really hard to not get anything from madcow sale. Still working on kits from last year. Hope I still have funds left after Saturday. Ready for the fun! And what I plan to get will help get last years wildman purchase finished and rready to launch!:fly:

Last edited:
98mm! :surprised: "YES"! :smile:

Better stock-up on that special kinda' glue... and you may have to call your friend at the FAA - your gonna need a better wavier for your backyard launch pad.

n5800.PNG

As much as Tim will hate me for saying this, it is healthy for this small hobby (both for consumers and vendors) to spread your money around. So don't cancel/return to save a few dollars.

Of course, the best answer for everyone is to just buy another kit :)

-Kevin

So let's pretend a Warlock makes the sale.......

Is it possible to make a Warlock a Level 3 bird? What would be necessary?

As much as Tim will hate me for saying this, it is healthy for this small hobby (both for consumers and vendors) to spread your money around. So don't cancel/return to save a few dollars.

Couldn't agree more about spreading around my cash. There is a bit of a backstory between this particular vendor and my girlfriend, so I try to go elsewhere first. I made two separate orders, and only thought about canceling the LOC order.

Of course, the best answer for everyone is to just buy another kit :)

-Kevin

It'll be hard to pass up an IROC or Doorknob if they go on sale. Would like a Gizmo too. We'll see.

How about an IROC with 54mm motor mount?

Last edited:
If something is wrong on the website, you can blame my two "helpers"... :eyeroll:

help.jpg

My wife wants to know what the names of the birds are.

Timbucktoo,

Good info, I would ad an AV Bay and go DD.

What are your thoughts on fin and body tube materials?

My wife wants to know what the names of the birds are.

The Jenday (yellow head) is Mangogh (pronounced like the fruit). The little green terror is Pomelo. Not picture is Buddy, our Timenh African Grey.

-Kevin

Timbucktoo,

Good info, I would ad an AV Bay and go DD.

What are your thoughts on fin and body tube materials?

I just bought the stock kit with 38mm MMT. You have the option to upgrade to 54mm. For most L3 motors you are going to need 75mm MMT.
I went ahead and added 2 layers of 6 oz glass to airframe & did a tip to tip with same. Overkill but built like a brick toilet house!

There's also the special "Gus Size" for this motor....

:lol: Gus has MANY...MANY Newtons in the 75-98mm variety sitting here waiting for a clear and, sunny day.They don't go bad, if stored well.

Yes...but, IF don't see something your really interested in- You wait till tomorrow.
I would and, do consider it too be "P*ss" to cancel or return an order. You get mind set...it becomes availible...you purchase and, the sun sets. If it doesn't happen today, it will be there another.

Better stock-up on that special kinda' glue... and you may have to call your friend at the FAA - your gonna need a better wavier for your backyard launch pad.

Cirice....:surprised: I MEAN Sabrina...I have many cans of high temp glues sitting here along with vacuum bagging materials. I also have an unbuilt Mongus 98 that will serve well as a "BOOSTER" for a Two Stage Project in Kansas this year-:dark:

If you haven't seen my email to your father yet.
I was not happy with another sale today, so I am "laying the keel" on a project that will involve: You, Wildman, David Reese and, me...

Now start working on your grades in school! This IS the last FREE education you will receive in your life.
My Daddy didn't have any money, so Uncle Sam took me away and taught me how to screw together a Nuclear ICBM...Too bad there weren't enough jobs on the outside for that.

There's always Truck Driving...and, your N:no:T going to do that...if I have any say-Now study up!:rant:

Doesn't look like much 75 CTI propellant left nor 54mm 6xl stuff. Last year I was able to get some great motor deals. I don't care if they aren't delivered till May but are they going to be able to be ordered?

Did I mention that there is more than one size Blackhawk :point::jaw:

Oh no, I thought I had escaped without spending money when Madcow didn't revive the Mongoose 75, but a 75 Blackhawk might break me. If it is a 75 that is.

Maybe a correction of A LOT LESS. Last year I scored 4 75s and a few 54s no problem and it was late in the day.

We have received under a dozen 54mm loads in the last 4 months.
unfortunately they cannot tell us when they will be ready so until then we will only sell what we are promised

Last edited:
Well darn.... I don't normally order from here... but my secret santa recipient wanted a LOC kit, and you said LOC will be on sale.....

Darn you.

Quick question,

With the shortage of CTI offerings, I'm thinking about getting some Aerotech motors and have a question. On wildmans site he has a 54 special set 1 and 2. The 2 set includes a 1260 and 2800 case and hardware. If I purchase this can I launch all 54's up to and through the 2800 size? Do I need anything else? Just trying the understand their motor sizes.

Thanks for any help and suggestions

Quick question,

With the shortage of CTI offerings, I'm thinking about getting some Aerotech motors and have a question. On wildmans site he has a 54 special set 1 and 2. The 2 set includes a 1260 and 2800 case and hardware. If I purchase this can I launch all 54's up to and through the 2800 size? Do I need anything else? Just trying the understand their motor sizes.

Thanks for any help and suggestions
yes this allows you fly everything AT 54mm

Tim, I'm really pressuring myself to skip the Madcow sale this year because of Wildmans black Saturday, which I'm anticipating to be bigger and better than ever. Could you please elaborate or give us some more hints on what Wildman kits are going to be on sale? :confused:

Back