wildman's black saturday sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin, are you really serious? You just have extra time on your hands? You know I have many BIG rockets...

You bet I am... no house projects right now (knock on wood of course)... I have one rocket project on the way next week. When that one is done, I'll let you know... :)

I ordered WAY more than I was planning... but still no 38-29 two-stager. :( Maybe as a late-holiday special you can bundle a Wildman Jr with the two-stage upgrade...

There IS a VERY SERIOUS effort by two people closely connected to the Wildman too do just so.
This one will be loosely based off some currently available kits. I'm working out the RocSim and, parts listing to create a unique "System".

Of course Tim has the final say...it will take a little while to green light and, make but, it's in the works.

Our design would be able to fly the longest 38mm casing followed by the longest 29mm casing.
With a clever choice in motors it could SMOKE 15k.

Stay tuned-

This is the first year that I DIDNT order propellant in this sale. I made the mistake of mentioning to the wife that I still had 3 M's in the garage that I hadn't burnt this year.
Don't get me wrong, the DMS M1350 at $220 or the 4" DMS for $360, oh I was tempted... very very tempted ( I had both in my cart at one point )

Nope, all I got was the Wildman Jr with the booster upgrade. $99 each, who could argue. I should have just got 2 Wildman jr's, would have ended up with an extra tube and nosecone. Ho hum.

Last edited:
There IS a VERY SERIOUS effort by two people closely connected to the Wildman too do just so.
This one will be loosely based off some currently available kits. I'm working out the RocSim and, parts listing to create a unique "System".

Of course Tim has the final say...it will take a little while to green light and, make but, it's in the works.

Our design would be able to fly the longest 38mm casing followed by the longest 29mm casing.

Stay tuned-
o

Let me know when you need the prototype built. Wont take me long to build, make it pretty and test it.
:wink: :wink: just sayin'

Stay tuned-

I'm hoping 2-stage Drago. 38mm MMT for booster and standard 29mm MMT sustainer. Both in 54mm airframes. Would have to make sustainer dual deploy.

Yes we have sent some out already.
A lot more will start shipping next week.
Yours has not shipped yet, we have tried calling you and e-mailing with no response since Sunday.
Please contact us during normal business hours .

Got a box from Tim and Jackie yesterday, solid job as usual!

Preston

Yes we have sent some out already.
A lot more will start shipping next week.
Yours has not shipped yet, we have tried calling you and e-mailing with no response since Sunday.
Please contact us during normal business hours .

Earlier today I received a shipping confirmation. Thanks.

I think I'll be waiting a while for the Aerotech loads to restock before my order ships. Not in any rush.

I knew ordering a bunch of AT reloads would delay my order and test my ever waning patience. I was right, it's killing me waiting for my AP awesomeness to arrive.

How man more K-2050's did you order?

I have two on the way... :)

I had to control myself.. and only bought one more K2050ST, but I have one in my motor box at home too. I also picked up a K1103X and K805G.. which are nice motors too.. but certainly don't have the amazing "off-the-pad" audio/visual that the K2050ST does. There's nothing like the 6 foot long bright narrow violet blue flame that is not occluded by too much smoke.

I helplessly look in my mailbox daily lol.. ��

Me, too. I made three orders (1 Wed, 2 Sat). Two of the orders were non-motors and seemingly in stock. I hope those arrive soon. I don't expect to see the AT motors until 2017 sometime.

Me, too. I made three orders (1 Wed, 2 Sat). Two of the orders were non-motors and seemingly in stock. I hope those arrive soon. I don't expect to see the AT motors until 2017 sometime.

I ordered a AT case kit. Why are there such huge wait times in motors? I'm returning back to the hobby after being away for almost 10 years. We had some delays but nothing quite like this. Intriguing.

I ordered a AT case kit. Why are there such huge wait times in motors? I'm returning back to the hobby after being away for almost 10 years. We had some delays but nothing quite like this. Intriguing.

In case you missed it, Wildman clearly stated that this was a pre-order sale for most motors. It's the same every year.

One of my favorite things to tell people these days.. "I'm not in any rush." It keeps my blood pressure down, and I'm sure others too. I trust that all are working diligently.

Last edited:
In case you missed it, Wildman clearly stated that this was a pre-order sale for most motors. It's the same every year.

That didn't answer my question though. Why is there such a huge wait time for motors? I understand CTI's situation, but are the other manufacturers behind? I see a lot of posts in general not pertaining to this sale or any sale, waiting for motors upwards of months. Is that normal? If I wanted to purchase a K motor for the AT 54-1706 special kit I purchased, do I need to expect a 1-2 month turn around?

That didn't answer my question though. Why is there such a huge wait time for motors? I understand CTI's situation, but are the other manufacturers behind? I see a lot of posts in general not pertaining to this sale or any sale, waiting for motors upwards of months. Is that normal? If I wanted to purchase a K motor for the AT 54-1706 special kit I purchased, do I need to expect a 1-2 month turn around?

Usually, there is a variety in stock. But when Wildman places an order for literally TONS of propellant, it needs to be manufactured. You may not understand the scope of what is ordered that day... Trust me, it's massive. After those ship, later on the year, your desired propellant should usually be in stock.

Just for the record all I ordered was a AT case. But my curiosity is not pertaining to wildman or the Black Friday sale. It just seems to be in general there's significant wait times for motors.

Back