wildman's black saturday sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want that everyone for the orders today and Wednesday .
We are working on the mountain of paperwork involved with the sale right now and will be for the next couple days and start packing Hopefully Monday.
A Special Thanks to the ones in the background Kevin for doing all the Webwork , David for all of the Rocsim and Cad work, Eric for showing up at the crack of Dawn here to help.AS always My Wife Jackie .

Last edited:
Well heck missed it. That is what I get for being a systems manager and having to do server upgrades all day and having no internet access at work. Oh well. Glad Santa came early for you all! LOL!

We are working on the mountain of paperwork involved with the sale right now and will be for the next couple days and start packing Hopefully Monday.
A Special Thanks to the ones in the background Kevin for doing all the Webwork , David for all of the Rocsim and Cad work, Eric for showing up at the crack of Dawn here to help.AS always My Wife Jackie .

Tim, sorry to keep bugging you but if you have some time (I know you guys are working very hard on these orders) could you please PM me an updated bill from the Saturday sale?

Last edited:

:point: :caffeine: :madnote:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:handshake: :cheers: :no: :puke:

:grin:

Tim, sorry to keep bugging you but if you have some time (I know you guys are working very hard on these orders) could you please PM me an updated bill from the Saturday sale?
Just to give you an idea of what we are facing, (Its a good thing) I was up until midnight processing receipts and still have not gotten to yours yet..
Please e-mail us so we have something to go by I don't really use the PM system here much

Thanks to Tim, Jackie, Eric and everyone else who helped put with Wildmans sale. As usual, another fantastic BS Sale! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thanks to Tim, Jackie, Eric and everyone else who helped put with Wildmans sale. As usual, another fantastic BS Sale! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I will second (or third, or fourth ..) that sentiment. Added 14 motors to the stash plus epoxy and assorted building materials. Looking forward to flying me some Super Thunder motors next spring.

364 and counting.

FB_IMG_1480261028917.jpg

So who is going to send me a big kit they want built by a pro? I'll even donate the West Systems epoxy to the build... :)

364 and counting.

Ummmmm. Errrrr. Remember, Before splurging one should take/do a constructive analysis of any pre-existing "build" pile before proceeding with holiday shopping. If one has a plethora of rockets to build, it's likely smarter to do a "pass" on any further
rocket kits. Any excuse to update electronics, tracking devices etc. should be considered if one hasn't ventured into that realm and would likely be a "better" investment to locate ones fast fliers.

Good gosh. I've seen some of the pictures of horrendously large build piles people have posted here and gasp. I have a fair number of modroc kits as I've moved on to HPR and will eventually build 'em but I'm not buying anymore.

I wished I would have bought a few Camrocs and squirreled them away when I was a kid. Some of the prices for on-opened ones on E-pay(Ebay) are crazy. Kurt

Actually, all of the items I got from Wildman during the sale were items to finish current builds. Not that it should matter to anyone what anyone else spends their money on. We are in this hobby for fun, after all.

Last edited:
Actually, all of the items I got from Wildman during the sale were items to finish current builds. Not that it should matter to anyone what anyone else spends their money on. We are in this hobby for fun, after all.

Personally, I think you should buy one of every kit made by every manufacturer. Have a build pile up to the ceiling. That's what I'm working on.

So who is going to send me a big kit they want built by a pro? I'll even donate the West Systems epoxy to the build... :)
Wish you were closer to CT. I've got about 50 kits that fit that description, at least.

Wish you were closer to CT. I've got about 50 kits that fit that description, at least.

Do you ever get to the Midwest for launches? If so, I can drive to Tim's (about 90 minutes from me), pick up one of your kits, and deliver it built... :)

Recovering from lack of sleep today by suffering through a migraine... Fun.
But seriously, had a blast helping out Tim and Jackie. Most of you know that Jackie is quite the cook, but, to my surprise, Tim is pretty good, too... So my help was well-rewarded with the biggest freaking steaks I've ever seen. More of a roast than a steak...
The best part is that I have some idea of what y'all bought. Can't wait to see those motors burn at the Bong and at QCRS. And I'm excited for those build threads... Someone had better do a Blackhawk 98XL build thread cause I wanna see those from start to liftoff! N1000W, anyone? 13 seconds of Minimum Diameter madness? I hear Justin is looking for something to build... LOL! See you all at the fields.

Out of curiosity, how many orders did you get from the two days of sales?

All and, any joking aside-

Anyone who has ever seen a rocket or purchased a rocket built by Justin knows about the level of quality/craftsmanship that he puts into every build he does.
I know he has built rockets for others where the public didn't know he had a hand in them.

This could actually turn into a very lucrative side venture for him if exercised accordingly...

I can actually be serious every once in awhile-:eek:

I still have an un-built 8" Jumbo DarkStar from BF 2014, a 3" Punisher from BF 2015, and just for giggles I just ordered a 4" Drago from this BF 2016. I should be more embarrassed...it's a sickness!

Man, I bet Justin is salivating over that 8" Jumbo Dark Star!

Man, I bet Justin is salivating over that 8" Jumbo Dark Star!

lol it is a big bird.

So far I have just squared the tubes or I should say had someone else do it, had a 98mm SCP custom thrust plate made, even though I asked Tim to ship it ready to receive the CTI Pro 150 hardware. I still have to do the motor adapter to work with the 98mm hardware and get a custom thrust plate for the 150 hardware.

The only other things I have decided on is to pull off the gigantic aluminum nosecone tip and have a phenolic one made so I can fly Algoma, and I did decide on the name and colour design/scheme. I am calling it "O" Canada because it will be flying on an "O" motor and it will obviously be red and white with a Canadian flapping flag custom paint job.

And can't forget the small details like get my L3 :facepalm: Needless to say this is likely a 2019 Airfest debut.

lol it is a big bird.

So far I have just squared the tubes or I should say had someone else do it, had a 98mm SCP custom thrust plate made, even though I asked Tim to ship it ready to receive the CTI Pro 150 hardware. I still have to do the motor adapter to work with the 98mm hardware and get a custom thrust plate for the 150 hardware.

The only other things I have decided on is to pull off the gigantic aluminum nosecone tip and have a phenolic one made so I can fly Algoma, and I did decide on the name and colour design/scheme. I am calling it "O" Canada because it will be flying on an "O" motor and it will obviously be red and white with a Canadian flapping flag custom paint job.

And can't forget the small details like get my L3 :facepalm: Needless to say this is likely a 2019 Airfest debut.

Hint: Save some $'s and just paint the tip. ;)

Back