Binder Design Tyrannosaur 50th BDay Present Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW. All this work I've done all started with an idea because of something I saw. You are the culprit! :) I was going through threads a few nights ago and realized it was your Tyrannosaur thread that made me think "I GOTTA have that!". Still love the way you did the paint with the net. I wanted to replicate that so much when I was following your thread, but just knew I'd mess it up so obviously this one looks nothing like what you accomplished! Anyway, THANKS for sparking the interest in this beast. It's been a fun challenge!

Thanks. I'm happy to be a rocketry enabler.

If I'm not too late, I like the green NC. Leave it as is. Then bring it up to MDRA's annual Christmas tree launch in January. It will fit right in. :wink:

If I'm not too late, I like the green NC. Leave it as is. Then bring it up to MDRA's annual Christmas tree launch in January. It will fit right in. :wink:

Thanks John. I did paint it red yesterday in between preparing for the Awana Grand Prix tonight. (Run out paint, run in work, run out paint.....lather rinse repeat!) :) Maybe I should just buy a second and have one for each! :)

Looks great! You may have mentioned this earlier in the thread, but what are you planning for LDRS? (motor, altitude, etc.)

Looks great! You may have mentioned this earlier in the thread, but what are you planning for LDRS? (motor, altitude, etc.)

Yes. K550. Around 5k. (Don't have my data with me at the moment) I thought that would be a nice flight with this. Are you also out at LDRS? Well be there part of Friday afternoon and then most of Saturday.

Great flight at LDRS today. Went up on a CTI J380SS. 3317 alt. Went a long way with the winds; but came down fine. Thanks Blackbrant for hauling it back in for me

Last edited:
Very nice flight. Good talking with you in line.

Later!

--Coop

Sounds awesome. Did you decide on the J380 instead of the K550 because of the winds?

I'm planning to launch mine today on a Loki I377 today at RIMRA. But I wish I was at LDRS.

Sounds awesome. Did you decide on the J380 instead of the K550 because of the winds?

I'm planning to launch mine today on a Loki I377 today at RIMRA. But I wish I was at LDRS.

Yes. Used the CTI instead and kept it about 3317 feet. Was way too windy for the k550. Today would have been perfect but we had to leave after my high flight.

Back