BattlePark - November 19 & (CANCELLED - 20)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok not the best video, but here's the Door knob going up! Pretty cool! Have I got this right? This one belongs to Kurt?! Was definitely fun watching go up!
[video=youtube;rerqk6I5bZg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/rerqk6I5bZg[/video]

Yep, that was my Doorknob. Sadly it has a pretty big zipper, but Handeman gave me some good ideas on how to fix it.

We had a great Nov Battle Park launch. I hate it when the weatherman is right. The front moved in around 2:00 with temps crashing from the high 60s to mid 40s and with winds gusting to over 20 mph in 30 minutes.

Congratulations to J C Hale for achieving his TRA level 3 on a Loki M1200 sparkie to ~8500' with his Performer 98. Landed on the field just before the front moved in.

Congratulations to the 4 GW students in achieving their NAR Level 1 and all passing their NAR Level 2 exams and one of them achieving his NAR Level 2. They will be returning in Dec to complete their NAR Level 2 certification flights.

Below is the Missile Works RTx GPS track of Elaine's Performer 98 on a Tiger Tail K655 flight to 5200'

BP_11_19_KML.jpg

See everyone in Dec.

Ben

Yep, that was my Doorknob. Sadly it has a pretty big zipper, but Handeman gave me some good ideas on how to fix it.

Nice - I like that burn time.
What J250 is that - because it sounds longer than an Aerotech J250/2.7 seconds......more like 7-8 seconds.

Last edited:
It is the Aerotech "DMS" J250, a single use 54mm motor.

Oh and Kevin , I noticed in the you tube description you mentioned my rocket was scratch built, it is actually a LOC kit.

Last edited:
I flew Grapeshot on almost the same motor that Ben flew Elaine's Performer 98. Our flights were almost identical. Grapeshot was 3 lbs lighter and went to 5405. I think it might have tilted into the wind a bit more because it landed about 150 ft short of where Elaine's rocket landed. I thought it was really cool how two almost identical rockets with very similar motors had almost identical flights!

Going to have to mix up some more motors for December!!!! Maybe a drag race????

BTW, anyone from the TCVA25 club that is going to LDRS, let us know. We are trying to work out a block of parking spots together.

I've officially registered and pre-selected a parking spot. I'd like to park near rest of the club if you guys work out a block, until then, I've reserved spot f5

I've officially registered and pre-selected a parking spot. I'd like to park near rest of the club if you guys work out a block, until then, I've reserved spot f5

Ben is going to register for a bunch of spots for the club so we get them all together. Apparently the MDRA folks can't do anything with the website software and reserve blocks ahead of time.

Any chance of posting a screen shot of available parking? I'm registered but haven't paid yet so I can't see the parking available. If you get the screen shot, sent it along to Ben to.

Thanks...

Ben is going to register for a bunch of spots for the club so we get them all together. Apparently the MDRA folks can't do anything with the website software and reserve blocks ahead of time.

Any chance of posting a screen shot of available parking? I'm registered but haven't paid yet so I can't see the parking available. If you get the screen shot, sent it along to Ben to.

Thanks...

All Battle Park club members

I can't reserve a Battle Park parking section. Each member must register and pay before they can reserve a parking spot.

The following Battle Park members have registered and reserved the following parking spaces.

Jeff - E5
Ben and Elaine - E6 and F6
Mike and Steve - E7 and F7

There are plenty of parking spaces available in E and F.

Ben

All Battle Park club members

I can't reserve a Battle Park parking section. Each member must register and pay before they can reserve a parking spot.

The following Battle Park members have registered and reserved the following parking spaces.

Jeff - E5
Ben and Elaine - E6 and F6
Mike and Steve - E7 and F7
There are plenty of parking spaces available in E and F.
Ben

I'm in E-9.
Is that a bad number ?

Thanks...

Tried to capture a screen shot and email it- no go.
Tried to copy and paste a link.
The link is a parking app, that says you have to register to use it.
I noticed the Tripoli NC has several blocks reserved (over to the left columns).
Maybe they each registered individually and just put the name Tripoli NC in several blocks.

Last edited:
It took me a while to get back into the parking "App" and I'm not sure I could do it again but here is a screen shot as of about 5 minutes ago. I've added a gray box around the sites Ben listed above. For reference, the red box is around site F5 (E5 is to the immediate right).

LDRS-Parking.jpg

It took me a while to get back into the parking "App" and I'm not sure I could do it again but here is a screen shot as of about 5 minutes ago. I've added a gray box around the sites Ben listed above. For reference, the red box is around site F5 (E5 is to the immediate right).

View attachment 306207

Yes. and E5 is mine. I guess we're going to be neighbors.

Going to be great! Looking forward to it and hope to have my fiberglassed binder design tyrannosaur ready to fly.

Back