• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maverick 45" tall w/ 38mm launch motor & Cluster Air Start with four 24mm motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atjurhs

Reaction score
hey guys,

one of the most interesting and technical rockets you'll find on the field!

this is a Maverick 45" tall rocket with a 38mm launch motor (launch motor suggested a fast burning I or bigger) and Cluster Air Start with four 24mm motors (whatever your favorite 24mm, smokies make for a good show)

the four Cluster Air Start motors are set up on a timer, which you set using a dip-switch.

uses a rail lugs

comes with a Giant Leap 60" Spherachute & 14" kevlar chute pad

electronics bay is designed for two altimeters

she has a few bruises and scrathes but she is SOLID built and ready to fly with your altimeter and motors

$90 TYD

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

Last edited:
I remember this rocket from way back. How many flights has it had and if you remember, what motors? May be interested

The primary launch motor has to have a high initial impulse to give the rocket speed before the four 24mm kick in, so I used AeroTech big I and J motors, sorry but I also don't remember exactly what 24mm Estes and AeroTech single use motors I used. I would try to intermix the colors of the motors. What I mean is I would used a bright 38mm main motor and then I used four smokey 24mm. It looked really cool to see the white flame through the black smoke. I don't think I ever tried a smokey 38mm as they are generally too slow to get the rocket up to speed. I did start off with D motors for the four 24mm just to work out the timing, then went to E motors and I think I may have used F motors but I'm not certain on that.

Kyle if you're interested in getting it I can give you a SUBSTANTIAL discount since there will be no shipping.

Todd
L3 rocketeer (from many years ago)

Last edited:
Back