Secret Santa 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
List updated. Looks like everyone got something this year and on time :). Even Papa Elf got some goodies :D. Anyway, the winner for the Papa Elf special will be announced in early January. Hopefully all the donations will be waiting for me when I get back from vacation.

List updated. Looks like everyone got something this year and on time :). Even Papa Elf got some goodies :D. Anyway, the winner for the Papa Elf special will be announced in early January. Hopefully all the donations will be waiting for me when I get back from vacation.

Woo hoo, Merry Christmas everyone!

It's Christmas somewhere. Does this mean we can open our SS gifts now?

Alrighty...

My secret santa better 'fess up. :p

So, I received a box wrapped completely in cinderella wrapping paper.

It sits under the tree, nagging me to death.

I stay up till midnight, waiting to open the box.

Finally, it's midnight. I rip open the wrapping paper on the outside to find this:

More cinderella wrapping paper.

Two boxes worth.

OK, great. Let's open up the wrapping paper on the lower box.

HOLY CRAP HE GOT ME A JOLLY LOGIC CHUTE RELEASE

-opens box to see what one of these actually looks like in person-

To my Secret Santa, thanks for the fun you started in my house. Midnight occured with me screaming "HOLY CRAP HE GOT ME A $130 GIFT" followed by "THAT LITTLE #$%^&"

The other item was an Astron Skydart. Interesting choice of gift! I can't wait to build it. :)

In all seriousness, thanks! These will go to good use on my L3.

Merry Christmas all!

Alrighty...

Finally, it's midnight. I rip open the wrapping paper on the outside to find this:

Two boxes worth.

To my Secret Santa, thanks for the fun you started in my house. Midnight occured with me screaming "HOLY CRAP HE GOT ME A $130 GIFT" followed by "THAT LITTLE #$%^&"

The other item was an Astron Skydart. Interesting choice of gift! I can't wait to build it. :)

Merry Christmas all!

Ha!!!! That's awesomeness at its finest! Kudos to your Secret Santa!

Alrighty...

Two boxes worth.

Merry Christmas all!

That's hilarious!!

My current guess is Dr Wogz :)

I currently have the list narrowed down to the following:
Danh
djkingsley
dr wogz
Fred Garvin
Kallahan11
Massrokit
Noffie79
ttabbal
wcravens

Last edited:
Well played blackbrandt's santa!

I neither confirm nor deny involvement. :)

Got the kids' stuff put together and snuck under their trees ( no main tree for the youngest to pull on ).

After midnight, so that makes it Christmas! My first LOC kit, no idea who sent it though.

Thanks mystery person, this is one of the lightest 29mm kits I know of! I'll stuff a g76 in your honor, and maybe do a TTW monocoque fin mod.

Murreh Chrusmas errbody!

1482647876030.jpg

1482647887296.jpg

1482647913084.jpg

Got the kids' stuff put together and snuck under their trees ( no main tree for the youngest to pull on ).

After midnight, so that makes it Christmas! My first LOC kit, no idea who sent it though.

Thanks mystery person, this is one of the lightest 29mm kits I know of! I'll stuff a g76 in your honor, and maybe do a TTW monocoque fin mod.

Murreh Chrusmas errbody!

Nice! The Aura was my first midpower kit. The Estes retainers fit perfectly...

Opened my SS gift this morning. Thank you SS! A perfect gift that'll get a ton of use. I have absolutely no idea who to guess, so I won't. Merry Christmas everyone!

I recieved an eggtimer quantum! Thanks Santa!

And to my secret Santa recipient - you are welcome!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Murreh Chrusmas errbody!

dhbarr,
I know your secret santa. I'll pass the word along and tell him you liked it. Of course, he may tell you to throw an H410 in it... ;)

Thanks, Secret Santa!!! 5 flights for Christmas!
F40, F52, G53, G64, G76

MikeyDSlagle, I think you're the one to thank...

Secret Santa was very good to me!

I opened my gift to find 3 kits inside, plus a large wrapped package. The kits are: QCC Explorer, Solar Warrior, Honest John (1/14 Scale!). Then I opened the larger wrapped gift, which had a note hoping that this would answer my list and not result in any protests with "Not My Secret Santa". It most certainly did!

An Estes Saturn V!

Wow....thank you for such a generous gift Secret Santa! This did exceed my expectations....

(I took a picture, but attempts to upload any pictures are failing with an error)

My secret Santa was very generous. An Estes Panavia and a Sahara. Three AT RMS motors, two Estes 29 mm Motor retainers, a nomex chute protector, and an Estes tree ornament. Thank you very much whoever you are, I haven't a clue.

Well after taking a closer look I think I have figured out my SS. The items were repacked and sent via USPS with a return address of TRF Secret Santa, however, the USPS depart location was Colorado and judging by the time, I'm going to guess Rocketjoe13.

Thanks again for some very nice additions to my build pile.

Secret Santa 2016.jpg

Last edited:
MadCow Scooter and DX3! Already hard at work on the Scooter and I'll be upsizing from 29-38mm on the DX3 cause, why not?

Thanks Secret Santa! Once I'm on my laptop, I'll try to identify you!

Pics won't upload from my phone for some reason :(

THANK YOU Secret Santa!! I got an awesome Madcow Frenzy!! You know I like it because I gave the same thing to my son for Christmas!! We're gonna have a blast together! Thanks SS!!
Frenzy%20Dad%20and%20Erik.jpg

Back