Secret Santa 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although my gift has still yet to arrive, I am glad to hear that my Secret Santa has received his gift sometime within the last 4.752e+14 nanoseconds.

I got a triangular box once...
I bought a 2.6" fiberglass Patriot from the Buy/Sell section, and it was shipped in a triangular box. Just saying..no telling what's iin there.
My box is about 3 feet tall and probably 6x6 inches. Rattles when shaken...gently. Something awesome from Madcow.

I got a triangular box once...
I bought a 2.6" fiberglass Patriot from the Buy/Sell section, and it was shipped in a triangular box. Just saying..no telling what's iin there.
My box is about 3 feet tall and probably 6x6 inches. Rattles when shaken...gently. Something awesome from Madcow.

The missus says I can't gently shake, tip, or otherwise handle mine anymore.

This
This is normally the point where you dig around in your workshop and see if you can get your x-ray machine working again.

Yeah, mine was wrapped pretty quickly and put under the tree first, when I say under I mean behind, and all the other gifts stacked on, around, or in front of it. Outta sight and reach, but not mind.

Got mine last night!! it's under the tree, and so far is the only thing under the tree!!

Thank you to some random guy in some random Midwest state!! Much appreciated!

Just wanted to mention its possible that the Papa Elf Special might be delayed this year, I was expecting all the donation to arrive this week but I have not received anything yet. If I get the packages by Wednesday, there is a good chance the winner wont get it by Christmas. If I don't get anything by Wednesday, I will have to wait until after New Years to send it out :(

Its going to be hard to guess who mine is from because I'm relatively new to the forum. Ill just have to keep collecting clues.
So far I've got:
-Triangular prism box from AC supply CO

annnnd thats it

I found a box from Wildman this morning, I will have the kids check it when I get home tonight to make sure it's from my SS. Thank you!

Its going to be hard to guess who mine is from because I'm relatively new to the forum. Ill just have to keep collecting clues.
So far I've got:
-Triangular prism box from AC supply CO

annnnd thats it

Timing... There's always timing...
I received my package really fast this year, so it's down to 2 or 3 people that ordered right away.

Or they just said they ordered right away
Or they ordered and didn't say they did.
But yeah, timing is a good place to start.
Last year I don't think many people were guessing who their SS was, I never did find out.

Last year I don't think many people were guessing who their SS was, I never did find out.

I guessed for the summer, that's like 20% of the fun! I think I'll PM my guess this time around, so I can thank the person specifically ( if I get it right ) as well as generally.

Funny you should say that... Here's my guesses thus far...
1) MikeyDSlagle
2) smugglervt
3) nukemmcsecret

In that order. Reason being timing of order and comments about order... Hmmmmmmmmm...
This is the best part of Secret Santa!

As I was watching TV last night, and my SS gift "accidentally" dropped into my hands.. I had a thought.

Does the size of the box denote the rocket / kit size? Or the diligence of the packing / packer? .... :D :D Either way, I seemed to have lucked out! Thanks again!

I guessed for the summer, that's like 20% of the fun! I think I'll PM my guess this time around, so I can thank the person specifically ( if I get it right ) as well as generally.

Yeah me too. I got it on first guess going off of people's posts, I never think to keep track of Papa Elf update posts. Some folks post very little and makes it a bit more challenging. I like to drop hints...some possibly misleading.

Funny you should say that... Here's my guesses thus far...
1) MikeyDSlagle
2) smugglervt
3) nukemmcsecret

In that order. Reason being timing of order and comments about order... Hmmmmmmmmm...
This is the best part of Secret Santa!

DOH!

If that means I guessed correctly, then, THANKS!! I still have no idea what it is since the box is just sitting on a bookshelf... It's taunting me daily...
But I'll admit I was very glad to get a box instead of an envelope!

My daughter checked the box from Wildman it is definitely from my Secret Santa so mark me as received. Thansk SS.

I think I enjoy reading people's comments as they try to figure out who their SS is as much as I enjoy the process itself! :)

Do she say if it had exactly what you wanted in it? ...lol

my kids have a wicked sense of humor I won't get a clue nor will I be able to open it until the 25th. They will have fun with keeping it from me, I am sure that all four of them will be in on the fun by the end of the day.

Just remember that one year my sister switched out my Secret Santa gift with a bunch of crap out of my workshop and it took me about 10 minutes to figure out.

Just remember that one year my sister switched out my Secret Santa gift with a bunch of crap out of my workshop and it took me about 10 minutes to figure out.

That is something they would do as well, I am glad they do not read TRF

Had to take the day off today due to a winter storm ...... Closed the Base down.
Got all my Christmas packages in the mail. Sooooo wanted to let one of you know your Secret Santa gift is on the way !
Its even Christmas wrapped inside the box so if you open it you can put the gift under the tree.........

Yeah, mine was wrapped pretty quickly and put under the tree first, when I say under I mean behind, and all the other gifts stacked on, around, or in front of it. Outta sight and reach, but not mind.

I was wrong! Checking up on a past shipment, I realized this was -NOT- in fact my Secret Santa gift, but rather a box-o-tubes I had ordered!

The plot thickens....

Hmmm. So you opened your (thought to be) Secret Santa gift! Woe to you sir! Woe. To. You.
But since it wasn't your Secret Santa gift, I guess you're okay?

No no! I was checking up on the box o' tubes, noticed the origin location & 'delivered' dates, verified the tracking, smacked my forehead, got laughed at.

Awesome tubes though.

Back