Secret Santa 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I see mine standing there, the more I think it is a box of tubes as well. It is next to a box that I know came from Binder (I saw it setting on the porch with Binder sticker right in my face). And it is just as tall. That would be just as awesome as a kit. I've got a design in my head I would love to start on...although I am just now building my SS gift from last year.

Two mysterious envelopes appeared yesterday, one marked TRF Sticky Santa - Do not open under pain of pulled Nose Hairs! The other was unmarked but with that kind of torture in the balance, I decided not to open either.
One more week!

List updated. Still have not received anything promised for the Papa Elf Special. I have not announced the winner yet, but it may have to wait till after the new year because I leave for vacation on Thursday.

List updated. Still have not received anything promised for the Papa Elf Special. I have not announced the winner yet, but it may have to wait till after the new year because I leave for vacation on Thursday.

You and your family have a wonderful vacation, travel safe, take what is needed for an extended stay in the car (if you're traveling that way).
Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Package from Performance Hobbies. -Pretty- sure I didn't order this one directly, so for reals this time: received!

Package from Performance Hobbies. -Pretty- sure I didn't order this one directly, so for reals this time: received!

Maybe you should open it just to be sure. :wink:

Hope everyone receives a gift, I see some folks haven't ordered yet. Better get to moving folks. Don't need anyone left out.

The gift for my recipient has been shipped within the past week. (Being vague to keep guessing hard)

Mine came in an envelope from Wildman. Pretty sure I know what's in it. It's sitting on a branch on the Christmas tree waiting to be opened.

Mine came in an envelope from Wildman. Pretty sure I know what's in it. It's sitting on a branch on the Christmas tree waiting to be opened.

I'll bet is a picture of an Ultimate DarkStar with directions to pick it up at a launch

I'll bet is a picture of an Ultimate DarkStar with directions to pick it up at a launch

Lol, that would be a treat. You may be right, there could be a picture in the envelope along with whatever it is that I'm almost certain of what it is...

Alrighty. I got my gift. Very funny. :p I received a gift with no return address wrapped entirely in Cinderella wrapping paper. My dad proceeded to hijack the package and show it to the entire family.

The gift inside better make up for the embarrassment I just underwent. :neener:

Papa elf, mark me as received. :D

Now who the everliving $%^&* is from Attica, MI... Current guess is Woody's Workshop.

Last edited:
Alrighty. I got my gift. Very funny. :p I received a gift with no return address wrapped entirely in Cinderella wrapping paper. My dad proceeded to hijack the package and show it to the entire family.

The gift inside better make up for the embarrassment I just underwent. :neener:

Papa elf, mark me as received. :D

Now who the everliving $%^&* is from Attica, MI... Current guess is Woody's Workshop.

I would suspect your sister again....

Whoever sent blackbrandt's gift is in the lead for funniest markings. :)

I think he should post pics....

Last edited:
If there is anyone who still needs a Secret Santa for their Son or Daughter, let the elf know. It won't make it under the tree in time... but Santa can always print an IOU saying the Elves were just working overtime... and really tried...

Papa Elf... LMK if there is a someone who has not been naughty... I can help... of course I can not slow time as my personal black hole seems to have gone on strike... so I can not change space-time.

LMK any of you.

Gdksy01, I can chip in some if you want.

No worries. I am not broke... yet. The papa elf has not contacted me... so I assume that A) he is busy, or B) all is calm.
I just did not participate for several years, but thought, "Hey, I am quite able to make a rocketry wish come true... if a but late..."

I was thinking someone who'd like to have gotten a starter set, or something... for a girl or boy... but just can't swing it. We have all been there. They could print out the ad... and in a few more days the elves would have 'seen their mistake' and got it out.

Just thinking....

Jeff

Received! Thanks Santa!

There was a note on the box to open for 3 wrapped presents, which are under the tree. Already had to tell the kids they can't open them. No pain of pulled nose hairs for me!

Not quite as.. Festive.. As blackbrandt's wrapping paper, but very nice!

Mine arrived in the mail this evening so now I can make the claim I received US Mail on a Sunday and on a Holiday to boot. Thank you Secret Santa!!!!

Back