Secret Santa 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in... Papa Elf, I want Noffie as my recipient... LoL!
I've got a couple bits and pieces to offload, so whoever I get is getting bits and pieces in addition to their wish list item.
Wish list is all Wildman:
(Save shipping by just having Jackie hand me a package, I see the Wild-family pretty often)
Gift certificate
CTI 29-3 grain loads (any)
AT 29/180 loads (any)
Any 29 or 38 CTI or AT loads (get the longest delay, I can drill down, if needed)
Any Wildman Mini or Sport kit
Ultimate DarkStar :)

Lol, you know I'm going to come up with the most expensive list I can think of, right? Just kidding, I don't know if you'll get me or not, but my list will be pretty modest. But either way, feel free to send me those extra bits and pieces! Lol

Again I'm in.

WISH List
Jolly Logic Chute Release
North Coast North Hawk R/C Glider
Estes Little Joe II
RSR LJ II, Atlas AVi22, Delta II, Delta IV Heavy, Delta IV Medium 5+4
Deltie Thunder Glider (if any still exsist)
Gift Cards/Certificates (towards purchase of any of above or supplies)

Email sent, here is my list:
Any fiberglass rocket
Wildman/Madcow/Bay Area Rocketry gift cards
Aerotech 54mm RAS
Aerotech 18/20 complete motor
CTI 38mm 6gxl casing
CTI 54mm 4g casing
CTI 24mm 6g casing and closure
Prairie Twister cable cutter
Anything you think I'll like

I was gonna jump in here, thinking $20-$30 no big deal but it looks like you guys are expecting big money to be spent. To rich for my blood.

I was gonna jump in here, thinking $20-$30 no big deal but it looks like you guys are expecting big money to be spent. To rich for my blood.

I suspect $20-$30 is realistic (and that's in the OP) and people, including myself, are just putting stuff they like as examples and just in case someone decides to go nuts. Never know, someone might have one of the stretch goals sitting about and be willing to send it, etc.. Or perhaps a gift certificate to a vendor that sells something they mentioned in whatever amount you feel like sending.

I suspect $20-$30 is realistic (and that's in the OP) and people, including myself, are just putting stuff they like as examples and just in case someone decides to go nuts. Never know, someone might have one of the stretch goals sitting about and be willing to send it, etc.. Or perhaps a gift certificate to a vendor that sells something they mentioned in whatever amount you feel like sending.

+1, says right up top what the ballpark is.

I put down whatever comes across my mind. Maybe someone got a spare one in trade, or as a raffle prize, or in a box o'loot, or their plans changed, etc.

I sometimes buy lottery tickets, too :-D

Yeah, I figure no more than $50, but could depend on who I get, what they want, and if I already have the kit or have to buy it. 90% of my list is in that range....but, I did put a few "dreams" just in case someone's feeling extra generous or happens to have it on hand already.

That's the way I do it. One of my options is ALWAYS "gift certificate to Performance Hobbies". You can pay whatever you want, and I'll always be happy. Of course, if you decide to go all out, I won't argue with that either. :)

I signed up a few days ago, here's my list. FOR MY SECRET SANTA: Check this list, I messed something up on my email to Papa elf.
Any motors 29mm or above. ANY loki load. Store credit to Performance Hobbies. Anything from eggtimer rocketry except for eggtimer and eggfinder (rubber ducky antennas and RP-SMA connectors OK). Anything you think I'd like. If you don't know, and need advice, ask littlemisterbig.

Last edited:
Here is the list of people who have I have received e-mails from. If you signed up, and don't see your name here, please let me know. Thanks.

blackbrandt
CzTeacherMan
Danh
Danomite45
dhbarr
djkingsley
dr wogz
DRAGON64
emckee
Fred Garvin
fyrfytr310
Glasspack
Jazzviper1
JLNEL
Kallahan11
kcobbva
Massrokit
MikeyDSlagle
Noffie79
nukemmcssret
Nytrunner
Pem Tech
rc dude
Rocketjoe13
Sandeja1
Smugglervt
ttabbal
wcravens

Last edited:
Exciting to join again ... Last year was fun as well. Oh the suspense !!

Look forward to building rockets this winter...... Plan to do some dual deployment soon.
And am looking forward to trying my Jolly Logic Chute Release !

When you were a kid...did you ask for the little bitty single shot rubber band gun for Christmas? Or did you ask for the super duty fully auto rubber band blaster? I think we are all asking big because it's Christmas. I know I asked for big things....but I don't think anyone really expects anything more than the price range set forth in the OP.
Sorry for scaring you away. This is supposed to be Christmas, not Halloween. Sorry about that.
Daniel

Well, if I don't get an Apogee Saturn V, I'm gonna start a protest march with signs saying "Not My Secret Santa".....

It hasn't been a very good year for us.
Though I have stuff to give on hand, I've debated to participate or not.
I don't think it would be proper for me to, when the rest of family will not be getting anything.
You all have fun, and a Merry Christmas!

Any chance of getting the names before the Black friday sales?

Signup deadline will be Thanksgiving Day, Thursday November 24th at 11:59pm. You will be contacted via e-mail with your recipients name, TRF handle, address, and wish list starting as early as November 25th.

I will try to get the names out on Friday.

Tomorrow is then last day to sign up.

List has been updated.

I will try to get the names out on Friday.

Tomorrow is then last day to sign up.

List has been updated.
Awesome.
Hoping to snag a gift from a black friday/saturday/cyber monday sale.

Awesome.

Same here. I think I missed all the big sales last year. Hopefully ii can take advantage this year.

Only one person signed up in the past week. Send us our list already! Everyone else will have missed out. I kid, I kid.
Seems like every year someone chimes in a week or two too late with a "is sign up closed?" "just now seeing this thread" lol

Awesome.

I agree. Maybe the sign up deadline can be Tuesday or Wednesday from now on? Then with the discounts, we can even get our recipients more gifts, or a little bit "bigger" gift. Just a thought.

Sign up has now ended. Please check the list to make sure your name is on it. Now it's time for me to start sending out e-mails.

Back