Glad no one was hurt!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The press made a scene but apparently firefighters were not concerned with rocket motors, and highly concerned about the 20lb propane tank.

I emailed with the owner, a recent addition to the OROC family. Sounds like nobody was physically hurt, but you know that class A motorhomes aren't cheap and it could be a major financial hit. Last I heard, they're still waiting for a settlement from the insurance company.

I will say that the owners of the RV lost all their rocketry-related equipment and are seriously re-considering whether it's a hobby they want to pursue again. Here's hoping we'll see them back next season.

-e

What I couldn't understand was the media suggesting that a rocket (motor?) started the fire. Of course these sorts of stories never get followed-up on, I'd love to know if anyone has any idea what the real cause of the fire was, and if it was rocket-related just how it happened (last I heard motors don't spontaneously combust).

I could see how an ejection charge might start a fire if they had a dual deploy bird with live charges and had a static discharge inside a plastic container. probably we will never know the exact cause...I would guess that it is more likely RV started burning first.
Rex

Back