Michiana rocketry launch Nov 19-20 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob jablonski

Reaction score
It is time. The fields have been harvested, The launch rails have been cleaned. Time to play at Michiana rocketry's launch November 19th and 20th. In case your project dosnt fly at MWP. due to whatever you have a back up date. 12,000 ft waver, 3 vendors with kits and motors from micro Maxx to M. Lots of good folks to BS with. Yes Polish Thunder III and the Rocket R&D Brutus (thanks Mr. Eric) will be flying.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

Sounds good. I can't wait and it'll be great to see everyone again!

Brutus is getting Monocoated this weekend. Latest Aerotech order with some of the just released propellant just showed up so I will be ready to play.

What are the rough hours of this launch? I'm a recent born-again-rocketeer mostly due to having sons getting old enough to participate... and we'd like to stop by. (From Buchanan, MI)

I have extra Aerotech H100W DMS 38mm motors. and my Rocket R&D Brutuski. Who has a 4" cardboard rocket with a payload section that wants to drag race? Other Brutuses work LOC Ezi 65, what have you? Yes I am calling out rockdoc and mr. eric.

I have extra Aerotech H100W DMS 38mm motors. and my Rocket R&D Brutuski. Who has a 4" cardboard rocket with a payload section that wants to drag race? Other Brutuses work LOC Ezi 65, what have you? Yes I am calling out rockdoc and mr. eric.

You've got my attention, Mr. Bob!!! Brutus is all ready to go, but unfortunately we probably won't make it back to Three Oaks in November. Maybe this winter; definitely in April!!!! Looking forward to returning, looking forward to seeing you again!

-Eric-

Yipes! I was thinking of bringing a Odd'l Breakaway, a Custom S.L.V.... maybe a few A8-3 motors...

There is a low power rack. No matter what you fly 1/4A to N it is all good there (and in my little world).

You've got my attention, Mr. Bob!!! Brutus is all ready to go, but unfortunately we probably won't make it back to Three Oaks in November. Maybe this winter; definitely in April!!!! Looking forward to returning, looking forward to seeing you again!

-Eric-

We will figure some fun things in April. I would say I280DM DMS Brutus like race?

Keep an eye on the weather. The launch may be postponed. The Michiana website is now able to be updated. (had some issues) which will show go or no go for this weekend by tomorrow

Got a link to the website? My Sister and her family live in Crown Point, IN. Maybe it's close enough for them to go as spectators if the weather holds. My nephew will be getting an Estes Starter Kit from Uncle TJ this year. He doesn't know it yet.

Wish I could be there but prior commitments - really hope I can get up there to see the great 3Oaks gang. Enjoy the launch!

Launch is canciled due to weather.They are going to try to make the Dec 10th launch a 2 day launch to make up for it.

OH !!! , I have never been on Wildman trailer

Don't do it! Last time I went in there to buy a parachute, I came out with two parachutes, a few motors, some epoxy, a few nomex chute protectors, and a new tattoo that says "this ass belongs to the wildman" on my rear.

Good call, whoever decided to cancel the launch this weekend. The conditions are about as bad as you could imagine for launching rockets, with strong, gusty, blustery wind and visibility ranging from poor to white-out. Plus it's cold.

On the other hand, I know a couple people planning to head to Lake Michigan to surf this afternoon - they're hoping for 8-foot waves.

Don't do it! Last time I went in there to buy a parachute, I came out with two parachutes, a few motors, some epoxy, a few nomex chute protectors, and a new tattoo that says "this ass belongs to the wildman" on my rear.

It costs alot of money to have one of those tattoos surgically removed...*Dont Ask*
If they do turn the December launch into a two day event. Expect to see me there on Sunday.:dark:

Well?
Any word yet?

Us Saturday workers (Hi Gus) need an AP fix, too!

Ah-HA! I see *they* changed the header above. :point: I think *they* are telling us something Ohhhh Cashmeister!
Will check later in the week and, may have to screw something together...I think something that "Sparkles" may not get me in trouble with the current predicted weather:confused:

Time will tell-

They had a launch just this Saturday, 12-3, as a makeup for the cancelled November launch. It was a smaller turnout, but we all still had a great time. There was some lower cloud cover, but I finally got to launch the Wildman Demon (twice) on AT J250W. It wasn't the maiden I was hoping for (especially the first try), but the second try went picture perfect. https://youtu.be/SS5tnlC25GA

They had a launch just this Saturday, 12-3, as a makeup for the cancelled November launch. It was a smaller turnout, but we all still had a great time. There was some lower cloud cover, but I finally got to launch the Wildman Demon (twice) on AT J250W. It wasn't the maiden I was hoping for (especially the first try), but the second try went picture perfect. https://youtu.be/SS5tnlC25GA

Man, who RSO'd that first flight? Why didn't they check to make sure gravity was set right... :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for flying with us and thanks for sharing that video. Great stuff! Both flights of your Demon were exciting!

Back