Chute Release ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Reaction score
I have not contacted J/L yet because I have yet to see the damage done to a C/R system. That said, I have a friend that apparently was simply replacing the battery in his JLCR - and says he
" I managed to mangle the plug on the circuit board "
Again , not sure how bad he killed it yet because I have not seen it with my eyes. But he says he trashed it - I sent him a message in hopes its not gone gone , in the trash :facepalm:
Of course pending how bad he killed the plug- can this be fixed ??
I can solder pretty decent or would be more than willing to let JR fix it- IF its worth it ??

Ahhhhh, I think Mr. Beans suggests sending the unit back for a battery replacement. Something about a custom designed battery. If the maker recommends it, I sure as heck wouldn't attempt a battery change out on my own.
Probably takes him a very short time to do it and if using a non-standard or oversized battery, could break something in the process. Kurt

Well , I managed to save it from the garbage can- he dug it out and is sending it to me. Will see whats up when it arrives.
Im pretty sure he said he got the replacement from them.

Ahhhhh, I think Mr. Beans suggests sending the unit back for a battery replacement. Something about a custom designed battery. If the maker recommends it, I sure as heck wouldn't attempt a battery change out on my own.
Probably takes him a very short time to do it and if using a non-standard or oversized battery, could break something in the process. Kurt

The special battery for JL products can be purchased for your replacement, no mention of sending it back for replacement.

Mine is new never used it yet, by the looks of the instructions should be a pretty straight forward job of changing the battery. I would imagine that if the plug on the board is damaged, should be able to send it to JL to get a new plug soldered on.

Mine is new never used it yet, by the looks of the instructions should be a pretty straight forward job of changing the battery. I would imagine that if the plug on the board is damaged, should be able to send it to JL to get a new plug soldered on.

Thats my thought , if it looks like I cant fix it.

An update-
Well the CR arrived a few days ago and I finally got around to looking at it - no chance I can fix it, one of the terminal pins on the board is broken off.
Sent Jolly Logical an E-mail in hopes it can be fixed, and we wait.... lol

Heard back from John Beans - on a Sunday , Im impressed- :cool:
On its way to GL to see if its feasible to be repaired- at least it will be in good hands.
Thanks John , for even considering to check out a unit that I personally didnt purchase from you - means alot.

Andy

My pleasure. The battery snaps off using a connector, but if someone goes in an just yanks in the wrong direction the female part can break off of the board. Resoldering it requires a heat gun (no exposed leads for a soldering tip).

Hey John, hadnt forgotten you- Its boxed up and sitting by the front door waiting on me to mail it :facepalm:
Will get it out to ya soon. No way in heck Im going to try and solder those tiny wires :wink:

Back