Bogus Tips & Alternate Facts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing they don't recommend hot glue in the instructions with that one...

My point was that that's why they roll their own tube.
I don't think they reccommend hot glue, but I don't own it either and the instructions aren't on Estes's site, so knowing Estes...

Nah, the builder probably just thought,"Hot glue's easier."

Here's a good fake tip:

Buy a Estes Cosmos Mariner for a fun build and safe and predictable flights.

The reason he went with hot glue had something to do with it was easier and faster for his students to put a fin on straight.

Normally I wouldn't care, build it with hot glue and give me a "heads up" when it launches. But he's teaching this to students. :bang:

If I am ever making a big mistake, I would hope someone would slap me out of it.

Discuss politics on any hobby forum you participate in. It helps people open up and get to know each other.

(PS, how do you change the thread title? I've wanted to update my build threads)

I have a (barely) mid-power rocket whose corrugated plastic fins are attached with hot glue. It flies exclusively on the Estes 29mm motors. One fin needed to be reattached once but it holds up fine. I check the fins prior to each flight to be sure.

Discuss politics on any hobby forum you participate in. It helps people open up and get to know each other.

(PS, how do you change the thread title? I've wanted to update my build threads)

Edit your first post and you can change the title from there.

Pro Tip #130: Drizzle superglue on your Estes shock cord and it will last longer.

Social media sites are never used by prosecutors and defense attorneys to gather info on cases they are working on (it's too hard for them to look someone up on FB). Besides it's a great place to get free and completely accurate legal advice.

Social media sites are never used by prosecutors and defense attorneys to gather info on cases they are working on (it's too hard for them to look someone up on FB). Besides it's a great place to get free and completely accurate legal advice.

i-see-what-you-did-there-meme.jpg.cf.jpg

So is The Rocketry Forum!

The best way to get legal advice is:

1) Yahoo Answers
2) Flat Earth Society Forum
3) From your 8 year old
4) Fortune Cookies & Magic 8 Balls
5) "Other" Social Media

Last edited:
The reason he went with hot glue had something to do with it was easier and faster for his students to put a fin on straight.

Normally I wouldn't care, build it with hot glue and give me a "heads up" when it launches. But he's teaching this to students. :bang:

There is a local group that holds a rocket day each year. People get to come in to build and fly a rocket. They allow less than an hour to assemble the rocket, so.... yes - everyone gets assembled using hot glue. They do make white glue available but mostly they suggest using the hot glue.

Pressing the tea bag shock cord mount onto a blob of hot glue sometimes is a bit uncomfortable....

If you're setting up a complex calculation and a small value is incorrect, you can just continue. It probably won't be a big problem.

(Background: I'm pretty sure a Leviathan's CP isn't 138" behind the base of the nosecone....)

Be sure to plug the nozzle with epoxy after inserting the ignitor. This helps increase the pressure prior to liftoff....

Back