Bogus Tips & Alternate Facts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incongruent

Reaction score
List all the tips that don't work. You don't have to have tried them...
These could just be rephrased mistakes or accidents.

Last edited:
Remember to subconsciously not screw the cap of the CA glue on all the way for a quick and easy hand warmer!

For a manly finish, heavily coat red nylon chutes with white talcum powder.

Pack a vintage unopened rocket kit inside a padded envelope, and expect the body tube to survive intact. Don't laugh, someone really did send me one like that. So much for it being collectible after that.

K & S Rockets and Red Arrow Hobbies are two of the best vendors. You won't be disappointed with their quality service and super fast shipping.

...Fudd

Itchy eye while using CA glue..

Forgetting about '[wood] grain direction'

Putting that pad with a glob of mixed epoxy 'close at hand' only to roll the BT into it..

Not putting something on the X-Acto knife to stop it from rolling, and it rools off the table..

Forgetting to double check CR placement & fin tab location and their relationship for assembly.. Shock cord placement too..

If the igniter doesn't work, you can still launch the rocket by sticking a blowtorch up the nozzle.

Make sure to fill body tubes all the way to the top with dogbarf .

Don't forget to glue that knot on your Estes shock cord.
Pack your parachute as tightly as possible to pressurize the body tube for ejection
JB weld is a good substitute for wood clue and stronger too!
Wire hangers make great cheep launch rods
Make sure the heavy end of your rocket goes on the launch rod first
You're sure to get everyone's attention if you start the countdown at 3

Make your own nose cones by sticking a finger into the tube and cutting it off where it gets too tight.

Paint rockets by spraying real close and then from over 2 feet away for a truly smooth and glossy finish.

Pre-prep engines by putting the igniter in and filling the rest with epoxy.

Use these in your favorite rockets for maximum joy.

If the nose cone is too loose, crush the BT so it's nice and tight.

Feed your dogs tainted meat, then hold out your rockets to collect what is known in competitive eating circles as a "reversal of fortune".

Wire hangers make great cheep launch rods

Actually, they do work (for small LPR uses) I was able to straighten one out and use it to launch when I discovered that my launch rod was missing from my flight kit.

Back