Estes Maurader (spelling)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowpuller

Reaction score
Anyone have a new Maurader kit that want to sell?

I'm know it's out of production and I probably spelled it incorrectly.

Anyone have a new Maurader kit that want to sell?

I'm know it's out of production and I probably spelled it incorrectly.

While I don't have a kit of the Estes Marauder (1922) to offer you, I do have an accurate .ork file for it.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?123564-K-Tesh-s-OpenRocket-files&p=1446527#post1446527

27667321413_746559e3ff_o.png

You can use some spare body tube and an Estes Laser Lance (3218) to clone it.

I built a clone from plans on Ye olde rocket forum a long time ago. Did a paper transition since I didn't have the original plastic. Flies well, but the fins take a beating. Don't think I've had one flight where one hasn't popped off.

I built a clone from plans on Ye olde rocket forum a long time ago. Did a paper transition since I didn't have the original plastic. Flies well, but the fins take a beating. Don't think I've had one flight where one hasn't popped off.

I should warn you, that all the fin templates I've seen for downloading associated with the Marauder are off. Someone (CPMcGraw) finally was able to point me towards another rocket (the Estes Cyclone (1922)) that used the same fins, and had a scan of them still in the matrix on either JimZ or plans.rocketcom's site. I used those to correct them in the .ork file I pointed you to.

Last edited:
Thank K Tesh!!

That was my favorite rocket in college. I put many many flights on it. Rescued it from several trees, shot many payloads and even fixed it after it got run over by a car.

I would love to upscale, but I have never tried upscaling.

Thank you again for sending that.

Thank K Tesh!!

That was my favorite rocket in college. I put many many flights on it. Rescued it from several trees, shot many payloads and even fixed it after it got run over by a car.

I would love to upscale, but I have never tried upscaling.

Thank you again for sending that.

Glad you liked it.

Wow! A car?! Man you must have really liked that rocket!

I have to say, mine didn't impress me to begin with (I bought it for parts). However, it has grown on me (I actually really like the design now).

If you were to upscale, I'd try starting with a Ventris as a foundation. The nosecone and transition might not be 100%, but I think it would be a good starting point.

Tango Papa might be a source for the decals. I'd contact him about the clone of it. Mark (Stickershock23) would be where I go for the upscale's decals.

Back in the mid 80's, when I was still an actual teenager and not the 45 year old teenager I am now, the club I belonged to built a few of these and IIRC some of the original Estes Sizzler's to be sent to hobby shops for display purposes - I think it was some sort of program that Estes had for NAR sanctioned clubs. Anyway, I always liked the look of this one, and the Ventris reminds me a lot of it, just an up-scaled version. I just may have to build me a clone of this too.

** I see now that the fin shapes are completely different on the Ventris, but over-all it still reminds me of the Marauder.

Last edited:
Back