Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

iphone apps for rocketry

What i-phone apps do you use in the hobby?

NikeMikey

Rocket calculator, Thrust curve, and of course the rocketry forum app.

Jacob Mehr
    NAR #98966
    Jr.
    Tripoli #16201
    TMP Cert

I bought one called iPowerRocket, but don't really use it all that much. The nice thing it has over Rocket Calculator is that it stores your rockets, and has a parachute designer, as well as a customizable checklist and flight log. Looking at it now it also gives you CP and CG offsets, which is helpful. The reason I don't use it that much is it's a bit of a PITA to input your rockets, but I should probably just bite the bullet and get them in there.
    NAR 96681
    L1 - May 29, 2014 LOC Norad ProMax, H120
    L2 - Feb 21, 2015 Fiberglassed Madcow Frenzy, J280

Also Smart Launch and, of course, AltimeterThree.
    Bernard Cawley
    NAR 89040 L1
    AMA 42160
    KG7AIE

MotionX for tracking, Crowsflight for simple distance measurement.

Tony
    why do people put so much stuff in their sigs?

Quote Originally Posted by soopirV View Post
    I bought one called iPowerRocket, but don't really use it all that much. The nice thing it has over Rocket Calculator is that it stores your rockets, and has a parachute designer, as well as a customizable checklist and flight log. Looking at it now it also gives you CP and CG offsets, which is helpful. The reason I don't use it that much is it's a bit of a PITA to input your rockets, but I should probably just bite the bullet and get them in there.
    What can you actually do with it as far as designing rockets go? It's impossible to tell from the info out there. Does it come anywhere close to what you can do with OR, for instance?

iphone apps for rocketry

I created a similar thread awhile back, try to paste it here, but not sure how to do that!!!
    Last edited by Lowpuller; 27th November 2016 at 06:53 AM.

Found most of my rocket apps disappeared when I upgraded my iPad. Any chance people can update their apps? Especially Rocket Calculator, use to use it all the time.
    QRS: 124
    AMRS: 32 L2 RSO
    Highest: 13,647 feet. Fastest: Mach 1.55.
    Largest Motor: CTI 1115J530 IM
    Current Projects: HPR
    X Wing

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceManMat View Post
    Found most of my rocket apps disappeared when I upgraded my iPad. Any chance people can update their apps? Especially Rocket Calculator, use to use it all the time.
    That's because they are no longer listed in the App Store. I was able to restore my copy of Rocket Calc from my copy of iTunes - it was still listed in the apps section. But that only works if you synced your iDevice to iTunes on either Mac or Windows. Otherwise I'm not sure how to get it back. Really a shame as I think it's a great app.

Good luck,

Tony

The up coming Feather weight tracker is the likely to become an iPhone favorite once its released. Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by manixFan View Post
    That's because they are no longer listed in the App Store. I was able to restore my copy of Rocket Calc from my copy of iTunes - it was still listed in the apps section. But that only works if you synced your iDevice to iTunes on either Mac or Windows. Otherwise I'm not sure how to get it back. Really a shame as I think it's a great app.

Good luck,

Tony
    iOS 11 wonít run older 32 bit apps anymore so you can lose a lot of old apps after upgrading.

Itís $100 a year to keep free software on the App Store for the developer.

If anybody listening has iOS rocket related abandonware theyíre not interested in maintaining - put it on Github and ping me. Iím willing to update and host it if the code is isnít too janky.

Quote Originally Posted by jnobels View Post
    iOS 11 won’t run older 32 bit apps anymore so you can lose a lot of old apps after upgrading....
    Fortunately Rocket Calculator is compatible with iOS 11 so that isn't the problem. It's running just fine on my iPhone X and iPad Pro, both of which have the latest OS. But it has been abandoned by the developer. So unless it was already in your iTunes app library, I don't think there is anyway to get it back.

But yeah, a lot of old 32 bit software bit the bullet with iOS 11. That's one thing about Apple, they've never been afraid to cut the cord on backwards compatibility in spite of the grief it may cause users. Forces everyone to move to modern

Tony