Place to launch in northern WI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrAdam

Reaction score
I've asked before and I think I know the answer again but does anyone have a place to launch in northern Wisconsin? Anything from low to high power? I will be moving into a home (finally) on the west side of Tomahawk. Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) I am only a mile from the airport there. I reached out to a fellow rocketeer who lives in the Wausau area with no luck. Maybe he left the hobby. Anyway. Looking for some launch sites that don't involve hundreds of miles of driving.

Just realized I posted this in ground support. Meant for watering hole. Oops.

Last edited:
As far as Wisconsin, and High Power believe the only location being used is Bong Rec Area. This is where both Tripoli Wisconsin and WOOSH fly. This is certainly not near you though.

Last edited:
There also is another location near the fond du lac area that's a farm. Send me a message and I can give u more info on that site.

Preston

As far as Wisconsin, and High Power believe the only location being used is Bong Rex Area. This is where both Tripoli Wisconsin and WOOSH fly. This is certainly not near you though.

Mark I fly at bong when I can but moved up here and it's a hell of a drive and my finances are not what they used to be so will be a rare occasion getting down there. Although stopping by the orchard to grab a bottle of cask strength whiskey is always a good excuse to go. Guess I'll be sticking to low power in fields I can find.

Todd Schweim who publishes Sport Rocketry is located in the NW woods of Wisconsin. He'd probably know what's available up there, though I think a lot of rocketeers in that area tend to go to MN for flying.

You're not too far from Bill B in the UP. I know he used to have a launch site up there, but doesn't anymore. Mostly he comes down to Bong, but maybe could work with you to get something going?

Thanks all. I'll be looking into options given to me. Although I was really hoping for a 1 mile radius sod farm with no restrictions on altitude and located 2 miles from home. Until I win the lottery....

I'm right up the road from you in Rhinelander. I launch lpr in a field out by nicolet college, but it isn't very big.

Back