Go CUBS Go

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, not from game 6, but still, gotta get my Harry Carey fix in. [video=youtube;DB3ANuGKJwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB3ANuGKJwQ[/video]

So, it took 25 years, but somewhere, you know Harry's gotta be happy.

"Harry Caray "Someday the Chicago Cubs are going to be in the World Series""

[video=youtube;iPaACIEnQMg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPaACIEnQMg[/video]

Last edited:

It would have been nice to start the series with a win but that loss doesn't really bother me for a couple of reasons. First, I didn't expect the Cubs to sweep the series, and second I didn't expect to beat Kluber at home. We have 6 more games and we only need 4. Now if we lose again tonight that would be cause for concern.

It would have been nice to start the series with a win but that loss doesn't really bother me for a couple of reasons. First, I didn't expect the Cubs to sweep the series, and second I didn't expect to beat Kluber at home. We have 6 more games and we only need 4. Now if we lose again tonight that would be cause for concern.

What I didn't like was how good the Indians bullpen looked. A lot of times that is when the Cubs bounce back with the great offense. And I thought it was going to happen until Ross took that swing on what I thought was clearly a ball (and walk-in run).

Man, I sure wish the O's hadn't thrown away their great first half of the season. Go Cubs, go Indians! Whoever wins, it will be historic.

Looks like MLB only reserved 5 games worth of TV time...like they knew that the series would end quickly.
Seems really odd (suspicious) that they wouldn't have time blocked for games 6 & 7....the fix is in???

Looks like MLB only reserved 5 games worth of TV time...like they knew that the series would end quickly.
Seems really odd (suspicious) that they wouldn't have time blocked for games 6 & 7....the fix is in???

Well, it is the Cubs after all. Living up to my expectations... :facepalm:

Like a guy said on the CBS news this morning if the Cubs would win it all he would not be able to say well there is always next year. He claims with the Cubs wining its not as much fun going to a game as it used to be. To much stress now that they might win it all.

From what I have seen, the Indians are simply playing better ball. They are quite impressive. How they put the hurt in a hit heavy Toronto team was nice to see after the Rangers got plugged. Personally I have really enjoyed this series and would be happy for either to win but it looks more and more like Chief Wahoo has this one in that bank.

The Cleveland faithful are hopeful, but we remember that less than six months ago the Golden State Warriors were ahead 3-1.

It ain't over 'till it's over.

we remember that less than six months ago the Golden State Warriors were ahead 3-1.

How could you forget when Lebron held a Halloween party two nights ago featuring Curry and Thompson tombstones and several skeletons over the statement "3-1 Lead"?

That man sure makes it easy for people outside Ohio to dislike him. Frankly I am surprised Cleveland took him back, the people deserve better.

Madden, instead of being patient with his pitchers, is making premature changes--again with Chapman. Cubs manager is giving it away.

Last edited:
I actually would slightly prefer the Cubs win, but I couldn't be happier with that inning blowing up on that SOB Chapman. Couldn't happen to a nicer as...nevermind.

Best case, Cubs win in 10. That way Chapman doesn't get the win as compensation for blowing the save.

Back