• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dr. Rockets 29/180 Complete Motor or 29/180-240 System

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter is turning 18 in December and has asked if I would help her certify TRA Level One :cool: We have a kit already selected, now we need a motor. Let me know if you have one.

Looking for 29/180 complete, but will consider the 180-240 system for the price.

Pics and complete pricing needed, pricing should should include shipping.

Will also consider Rousetech and Aerotech motors.

Last edited:
Thank you for that, I placed the order, and should have it on or before the 15th!! I told my daughter, and she is quite excited... enough so, that she is pulling the stuff together to start the build.

Thanks, she is very happy at the moment. She called me to tell me she was reading the build instructions on her rocket, and can't wait till we start the build this weekend.

She picked out an Aerotech Mirage. She still want to look at loads for the two cases, so no selection right away... I'm partial to the H128, as that is what I certified on in 1997.

She picked out an Aerotech Mirage. She still want to look at loads for the two cases, so no selection right away... I'm partial to the H128, as that is what I certified on in 1997.

Same l1 motor for me in a loc caliber isp.

Great rocket and motor, but not necessarily together. You may know this, as you mention certifying on one a while back (or maybe just the motor), but my recollection is that the 29/180 and certainly 240 are too long for the stock build of the Aerotech mid-power kits. You'll need to have an alternative to the baffle/shock cord mount that's at the top of the motor mount, as that restricts motor length.

Mark

Great rocket and motor, but not necessarily together. You may know this, as you mention certifying on one a while back (or maybe just the motor), but my recollection is that the 29/180 and certainly 240 are too long for the stock build of the Aerotech mid-power kits. You'll need to have an alternative to the baffle/shock cord mount that's at the top of the motor mount, as that restricts motor length.

Mark

The kit we received came with 11 or 12 inch long motor tube. If we keep the baffle as designed, the 240 will fit nicely. If we leave it out, I could school her on electronics and fly 29mm hybrids in the rocket. Very versatile design. I also like that it came with a two-piece screw on motor retainer, much like the Aero Pac design. When we start, I will post a build thread with lots of pics!

The kit we received came with 11 or 12 inch long motor tube. If we keep the baffle as designed, the 240 will fit nicely. If we leave it out, I could school her on electronics and fly 29mm hybrids in the rocket. Very versatile design. I also like that it came with a two-piece screw on motor retainer, much like the Aero Pac design. When we start, I will post a build thread with lots of pics!

That sounds great - I'm glad to hear that they seem to have changed the design for the better. Have fun!

Mark

Back