What would you do with these?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFeller

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1475357014.803050.jpg

I went to get some free fence posts today and came home with these!

They are made to go on top of 12" pilings that hold docks in place. 6" cylindrical section with 10" transition. About 12.25" ID and 12.5" OD. A bit under 4.5 pounds.

I'm not opposed to cutting up one or both.

View attachment 302590

I went to get some free fence posts today and came home with these!

They are made to go on top of 12" pilings that hold docks in place. 6" cylindrical section with 10" transition. About 12.25" ID and 12.5" OD. A bit under 4.5 pounds.

I'm not opposed to cutting up one or both.

Bring back the "bullet bra"? :wink:

Hey,,
What about the "Heavy Lift Atlas"...
Make one of those...
It'd have to be pretty big though..

Teddy

Big ass golf pencil.

EDIT: Even put a graphite insert in the end so it'll actually write. Fill out your flight card with it.

Last edited:
Big ass LJ2
That would be cool, I've never done anything scale in HPR.

Clean them up?
You should have seen them when I first pulled them out of the barn - this is after hosing them off. The brown drips come off with a fingernail, so it shouldn't be too hard to scrub off.

Find sonotube that fits and make an Apollo service and module.
Cool idea! It would need some big clear fins to fly...

Oooh, I like that idea.

Hey,,
What about the "Heavy Lift Atlas"...
Make one of those...
It'd have to be pretty big though..

Teddy
"Pretty big" is right!
We had a lot of fun building our dragonfly, but I don't know if I am up for another rocket that needs its own trailer...

Any of the titan III versions
That is what I initially imagined, before coming to my senses.

Big ass golf pencil.

EDIT: Even put a graphite insert in the end so it'll actually write. Fill out your flight card with it.
I like the way you think!

I would make mock ups for each side of your drive way. Don't know where you live or your drive details.
But I always wanted bricked pillars on mine.
Would let everyone know your a rocket nut!
This might be the best idea! I can get 12" FW water softener tanks for free. Another neighbor has a pile of 3/8" thick fiberglass sheet next to an outbuilding. The rockets would weigh about 100 pounds each, but they would definitely let people know how nutty I am...

Back