Sharky......or, you can find rocket parts in the most unusual places...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tab28682

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpg

On vacation this week with some family and some friends.

Taking a bit of a break from work and hobbies, I was minding my own business on a cruise ship in the Caribbean southeast of Cozumel when an oddroc project walked by on a souvenier drink tray.

Meet Sharky. He is a blow molded promotional drink container with excellent injection molded teeth and a nice paint job. After disposing of the rum punch inside, I took him apart for inspection.

He ought to make a fun oddroc. Nice amount of base drag. Add some clear extensions to his scale fins and a 24mm motor mount. Lots of room for recovery gear. Could be enhanced with a chewed up Mosquito in his teeth.

Tried to buy a spare 90 minute later and they were completely sold out

More to follow when I get back on dry land. Exiting TRF before m wife hits me...:)

Last edited:
Of course, if you combine it with Ken's Spinning fin design, you could have your very own Sharknado.

Please forgive my jabberjawing...

jabberjaw2.jpg

You could give it a right proper name... Say... something like... Bruce?

Bruce-FN.png

Last edited:
Of course if it crashes, that would really... Bite!

Worse yet... Land shark!!!

Unless, of course, you use too big of a parachute on a windy day... Then you'd want it to... Land! Shark!

BTW... this was my 7777th post.

Last edited:
Sharks are awesome. Did this ever get built and flown? Would love to see the results if so.

Back