blending colors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
20160928_195838.jpg20160928_195834.jpg20160928_195830.jpg20160927_200602.jpg20160928_130246.jpg

I had some 2.2 tubes laying and thought I would do a simple 3 fin build to practice blending colors. I like the results considering I didn't wet sand the finish and just cleared it. I also like this method because I laid down all the colors and clear in under an hour. No masking or tape lines.

Last edited:
Turned out nice! That is also something that I have wanted to try.

Turned out nice! That is also something that I have wanted to try.

Thanks it was my first go around at it and I like the ease of application. I think I'll start painting all my basic non scale rocketsvthis way. Give it a shot you'll like it. Light colors first and overlap. I added some better pictures. Remember use the same combination of colors. TR he red is actually white, orange and red. So when I painted the nose cone I had to make sure to paint it the same way to match. I think using the same paint scheme and colors on a SUMO kit would look really cool. The decals would make it pop.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;YLO7tCdBVrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO7tCdBVrA[/video]

Last edited:
Very nice wok!

I have an airbrush that gets all the credit. My efforts with just rattle cans could use a little practice. Funny how yellow to orange or red, are a preferred choice here. I am about to change it up a bit with a downscale of a Thrustline Duster, that will fade from other colors. Can't make up my mind which one I like the best though.

Duster Colored 1.jpg

I have an airbrush that gets all the credit. My efforts with just rattle cans could use a little practice. Funny how yellow to orange or red, are a preferred choice here. I am about to change it up a bit with a downscale of a Thrustline Duster, that will fade from other colors. Can't make up my mind which one I like the best though.

View attachment 302510
Funny, I was just sitting here thinking about the same thing with the colors----100_1621.jpg---Yep, wet over wet over wet is the way to go!!!--H

Back