Red Arrow Hobbies stealing money

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely call them and place orders that way. Make sure to have an order confirmation number, the name of who you are talking with and a good number along with a date as to when the item will be shipped.

I would definitely call them and place orders that way. Make sure to have an order confirmation number, the name of who you are talking with and a good number along with a date as to when the item will be shipped.

Because 8 pages of fresh hell have convinced you that you WON'T be lied to on the phone about any of that?

When I cal it states "the number you are trying to reach is out of service". Sounds more like he did not pay his bill or simply running off with mine and others money trying to avoid doing the right thing.

Still waiting on my claim from PayPal. In the meantime what launches does he typicly attend?

The only launches he was planning to attend was Three Oaks michigan, but at this point I dont know if he will be vending there either. Just a VERY strong hunch.

Bring rockets. I have my doubts of dave showing up but there will be 2 other vendors who has product not vaporware.
Also my understanding is RA's paypal is now frozen.

Good news, Pay Pay (Not Red Arrow Hobbies) sent me a full refund.

I Also shared a link to this thread with Pay Pal, his account was instantly suspended!

Hope this puts an end to him stealing from others.

When I cal it states "the number you are trying to reach is out of service". Sounds more like he did not pay his bill or simply running off with mine and others money trying to avoid doing the right thing.

Still waiting on my claim from PayPal. In the meantime what launches does he typicly attend?

There are two numbers on his website, one works, the other not so much...

I just opened up a claim. The number I called a couple months ago that did work no longer works. I was willing to settle up for something different if I could have talked to him. I ordered a 29/120 casing on July 22. Called a month later and was told it was backordered, so I asked if I could get the adapter system instead. He said he would look to see if he had it and send it off if he did. I never heard anything back after that. Fortunately, it's just $37, but it's getting colder and I have some G motors I want to burn this season! (Anybody have a 29/120 case they don't need any more? Not the 40-120, but the 120 only.)

Is it possible to create a sticky "Do not buy from Red Arrow Hobbies"? I see there are some new claims on his company Face Book page. Its fraud plain and simple, it deserves a sticky.

Update on my situation. Paypal provided a refund. In the meantime, I ordered and received what I needed from Wildman. Good on Paypal and good on Wildman.

not sure how his FB shows paypal is letting him take money. but since paypal only suspended his account, I could see it happening

This is still a thing? I thought that last nail was in the coffin.

That's not hard one to understand he has his RH account going through another name and account. Could be friends, kids, girl friend. Or maybe PayPal just took him back. PP wants our money.

Yes, I placed an order on 12/8/16 for several items in the Closeout section of his site. Fortunately, I used Discover card to pay for it (about $130). Got no invoice from the website once the order was placed--however, my card was charged. Nothing arrived, so I filed with Discover to get my funds returned. I noticed that Red Arrow website was down on Thursday (1/5/17). I noted that the vendor address that charged my card was in CA, whereas the physical business is in MI according to the website.

I ordered from Red Arrow several times in the past, and had no issues. So much for that......

Web site is down, Not answering phone (not on,) not replying to emails. May be gone.

I sure hate to see a vendor go. But perhaps until the owner can rid himself of the problems causing his business hurting practices', it might be the best thing he could do for himself.
Once he is clear of his problems, and returns to business as normal, he will have caused a situation that may not let him succeed when he does return.
From what I can see, right now he's got a slim chance.
I would chance an order in the future once he gets his life in line.
He does have decent prices on many items that I am interested in.

I sure hate to see a vendor go. But perhaps until the owner can rid himself of the problems causing his business hurting practices', it might be the best thing he could do for himself.
Once he is clear of his problems, and returns to business as normal, he will have caused a situation that may not let him succeed when he does return.
From what I can see, right now he's got a slim chance.
I would chance an order in the future once he gets his life in line.
He does have decent prices on many items that I am interested in.

while he has (had?) a lot listed, and he does (did?) apparently have a lot of it "stock", his main problem was finding it, and properly filling out orders! at least the ones he remembered getting..

As bad as RAH was, it's still sad to see a vendor fold...like when your deviant second cousin finally gets locked up: not surprising, but still disappointing.

What really stinks is that he is taking Sheri's Hot Rockets down with him, and I was looking forward to building one of these at some point.

Oh well, maybe someone will pick these up from him at some point.

Steve

with everything going on with customers, it makes me wonder about the trailer theft back last year. ive known and read of people planning thefts and accidents to get some cash.

but i do hope he gets his poop inna group and back on track. just reading past threads goin back to '04 it reads like dave was a pretty good vendor,very knowledgable about the hobby, and very helpful.
if he does get back on track, i think it would prolly be wise to change the name of the company. I think the RAH name is a wee bit tarnished.

with everything going on with customers, it makes me wonder about the trailer theft back last year. ive known and read of people planning thefts and accidents to get some cash.

but i do hope he gets his poop inna group and back on track. just reading past threads goin back to '04 it reads like dave was a pretty good vendor,very knowledgable about the hobby, and very helpful.
if he does get back on track, i think it would prolly be wise to change the name of the company. I think the RAH name is a wee bit tarnished.

A certain fiberglass manufacturer/vendor did this... Three times, I think... Finally sold out to a reputable vendor...

Name changes mean nothing. The service and product provided mean everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back