My wife could use a prayer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one should ever have to bury their children. Heartbreaking. There are no words.

Prayers for you and yours.

Thank you so much everyone! You have no idea how much we appreciate it. Last night was pretty rough on her and I've taken the day off to be home with her. About the best I can do is just be here and listen and hold her. I can't express in words how proud I am to be involved with a group like this and to call you all "friends"---Bill

Just saw this thread. Bill you & your wife have my deepest condolences & prayers.

Prayers indeed.

I know altogether too well the grief that will be with your whole family. And it will be with you all for a long time. You NEVER "get over it." Over time it will be more bearable, but it will never go away.

The first year is the hardest. The first of each holiday, each family birthday, and every event at which you used to be together, will be difficult, even painful. But get together anyway.

You can't "get over it." You can't get around it. But you can manage to get through it and that's what family and friends are for, getting through the struggles.

I can't tell you how many times I've been blessed in the middle of my own grief. And it was not by someone who had the perfect words to say, somebody who wrote the perfect prayer, or somebody who could help distract me from feeling what I was feeling. More often than not it was just somebody who came alongside me to be with me in my grief. As a pastor myself, the best ministry I do with those in grief is to be with them.

God does not promise us that we will never have struggles in life. But the Lord does promise to be with us through our struggles.

May your whole family find the "peace that passes understanding."

Brad

Prayers indeed.

I know altogether too well the grief that will be with your whole family. And it will be with you all for a long time. You NEVER "get over it." Over time it will be more bearable, but it will never go away.

The first year is the hardest. The first of each holiday, each family birthday, and every event at which you used to be together, will be difficult, even painful. But get together anyway.

You can't "get over it." You can't get around it. But you can manage to get through it and that's what family and friends are for, getting through the struggles.

I can't tell you how many times I've been blessed in the middle of my own grief. And it was not by someone who had the perfect words to say, somebody who wrote the perfect prayer, or somebody who could help distract me from feeling what I was feeling. More often than not it was just somebody who came alongside me to be with me in my grief. As a pastor myself, the best ministry I do with those in grief is to be with them.

God does not promise us that we will never have struggles in life. But the Lord does promise to be with us through our struggles.

May your whole family find the "peace that passes understanding."

Brad

+1.

Teddy

Deb has to go to the funeral in Spokane Wa. It was going to be a financial challenge but doable. I let the complex know that we would be two days late on rent and why. I did not expect any favors. They said, to pay it when I could and there would be no extra charges. I was a bit set back on my heels but thanked the good Lord for the favor. --Today she went back to work for the first day since this all happened. She was greeted by her co- workers with open arms and told that the plane ticket was paid for--- they had taken up a collection----we never mentioned that it would be a challenge!!!!! On top of that, her sister offered to help with the expenses as well as a fund that had been set up to help family members get to the funeral! While she is there, her basic expenses will be covered--hotel and such--!!!! Neither one of us expected a helping hand during this or asked for it!!! I can only say that there are small miracles and we just don't know when they are going to happen. Thank you so much for your prayers and positive input. Tonight she stopped to laugh about a few things --and cry---but the healing process has begun. Everyone here is a part of that and I thank you so much!! We have a long road to go down but this makes it a little easier! In my selfishness, I did not mention that another person was killed in the crash and my heart goes out to him and his family. So a prayer for them is in order as well. Both of us will grow from this and be better people. I thought a little color had been lost in the world but now I notice more than I've ever seen----just a thought---H

Latest posts

Back