Curious - How Long to Update Cert Records

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccordmw

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I passed my Tripoli L1 cert on 9/17. The prefect signed the form, and I mailed it in that Monday on 9/19. I wonder how long it takes for them to acknowledge it, update the member list, and ship a card? I'm looking at dates around Oct to Nov for an L2, and would like to have the updated card to scan/send to vendors.

didn't you get the temporary card from the L1 paper work ?

Ditto JJSR. But also, call Deb and ask her if she got it. She could be on vacation or something. 1-402-884-9530

maybe call them and ask them to wait until your L3 cert. is done.
I'm sure someone could help you get a motor with out much trouble for your flight.

Not to hijack your thread but along the same lines, does the NAR send you a new card??
How long does that take? My online number is updated, has been for a while now...

Not to hijack your thread but along the same lines, does the NAR send you a new card??
How long does that take? My online number is updated, has been for a while now...

NAR sends out their cards in batches. I just renewed mine end of August and still waiting.

Sometime around now in these threads, someone will jump in on their high horse, point out NAR/TRA each only have one paid employee. Then they tell you to just wait.

It seems to me the work schedule is "whenever I get to it" I get life is life and such. But expectations of timely replies is not too much to ask for.

Deb at Tripoli HQ is very efficient, but is only one person. As you can imagine, certs arrive in waves after weekend launches. It won't take long. Vendors can also look at cert levels on the Tripoli website, which is typically updated once per month.

Hence the multipart form. Save a copy before the new card comes. That's what I did. Should be no problem to present the signed paperwork at any launch in lieu of a fresh card. I was told that unless one wanted to pay
extra for a new card in the interim of the renewal cycle they should just wait until they send in their renewal. At least that's what I was told with TRA. I'm sure NAR will honor one's certification paperwork so one needn't
sweat the card thing. The important thing is that the new level will be in the computer database in a timely manner. Kurt

Sometime around now in these threads, someone will jump in on their high horse, point out NAR/TRA each only have one paid employee. Then they tell you to just wait.

It seems to me the work schedule is "whenever I get to it" I get life is life and such. But expectations of timely replies is not too much to ask for.

Sending en email to Deb at [email protected] will indeed get one a timely reply. It has never been a matter of procrastination or "when I get around to it". That's not an accurate nor fair assertion.

I'd give it a month.

Later!

--Coop

Probably right. My pending wedding at the end of October means I don't really have time to fly this fall anyway unless something mid-to-late Nov. is up nearby and the weather is nice. Not a rush. If it gets lost, I'll just fly another I242 and re-cert some time. And then KEEP a copy of my cert. :p

Scanned my cert form, emailed it to Deb, got my card USPS 3days later.

Lol, you guys complaining about waiting a couple of weeks for a card that you don't even really need. I had to wait a month and a half for my HAM call sign to show up online in the FCC's list, and you can't legally broadcast until it does.

For organizations with 1 paid employee the NAR and Tripoli are remarkably efficient.

Sure beats the "Allow six to eight weeks for delivery" in as-seen-on-TV ads. :wink:

Hmm. Went to scan it to cross-cert for NAR, and I noticed that this isn't the Tripoli card. It's the Teeniemunde club card with my Tripoli #, my L1 status, and my NAR#. D'oh. I need more coffee. Back to waiting. Since I won't make MWP, there's no real rush any more.

...off to dream about my winter build plans...

Lol, you guys complaining about waiting a couple of weeks for a card that you don't even really need. I had to wait a month and a half for my HAM call sign to show up online in the FCC's list, and you can't legally broadcast until it does.

For organizations with 1 paid employee the NAR and Tripoli are remarkably efficient.

For the FCC, no more license certificates either. Once one's callsign is in the database, one is good to transmit. In the very olden days, one had to wait the 6 to 8 weeks to get the license in hand.

Keep a copy of the cert paperwork. If registering in advance for a launch without your card, tell 'em to look in the database at your number (if it's been updatedO and you'll be bringing your cert papers to the launch. That is perfectly sufficient proof and one would be welcomed any launch they attend. Kurt

Need is absolutely irrelevant. Two weeks isn't bad though I'll agree

My card came yesterday. I have copies of the paperwork and the online data base was updated a good week ago. Having the caRd in hand for me just makes it more sweet I suppose.

Hoping for level 2 next month (the level I will stay in for a long while) Over the holidays though I don't expect to see a new card for a while after I mail it in.

Got my card and L1 pin in the mail this Saturday. The online database still says L0, but the card is great.

I'll send in the info to NAR to cross-certify so I can do L2 with either org depending on who is available whenever I can make it to another HPR launch.

Has anyone ever emailed in their form + card scan to NAR? Looks like they only want it via snail mail. I can't stand snail mail. :p

Back