You will not go to space today...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
A launch I recently witnessed reminded me of the "Up Goer Five" poster...

29340852583_bace9ae8cc_o.png

29853462712_aaef14c5b0_o.jpg

Sorry Tom... :cool:

I can't really say. Maybe it was struck by lightning... It left the rail straight, and got up maybe 50 feet, then went into a corkscrew. This was the Apogee kit, so it wasn't a small model. I think the owner said it was an H-motor, but I don't recall who's or which one, though he said it's flown fine on that motor before.

Last edited:
I was looking at EXPjawa photos and it looks like there was a reduction or reduced exhaust flame from the motor. Maybe there was a partial blockage of the nozzle that caused the rocket thrust to be diverted?

Is it just me, or does it look like the thrust flame is "vectored" in Dave's photo here:

29898490976_8a67ecae4e_b.jpg

It kinda looks like that coming off of the pad...

yea... on the rail it's typical to see the flame vector away...but that's well in the air and should't be like that.

That flame does look to be off axis. Also, considering the size of the rocket it might have needed a higher thrust motor.

Houston... We've had a problem here.

Really though... I'm sorry to see someone's work get damaged like that.

Tom,

I hope you can rebuild it better than before... Better, Stronger, Faster... (Sorry, I can't help myself)

Last edited:
Back